mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Kenda Nevegal 2.1 on '92 Klein Attitude?

Has anyone tried to run these tires on early '90's Kleins, and do you know if this tire will fit in the rear triangle? I'm told this 2.1" tire runs wide, and I'd rather not buy one via mail order before I know for sure whether it will fit.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'm running a set of 2.35" Klein Deathgrip tires on my '93 Attitude without any problems and the Deathgrips are a wide tire. I can't imagine the Kenda's could run wider than the Deathgrips and still be labeled a 2.1" so I'd think you'd be ok.
    - Jeff

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I suspect you are right, but I actually have a 2.35 Deathgrip on my rear right now too, and that tire strikes me as really small for a 2.35 since it's round and the knobs aren't so large. I'd also be surprised if this 2.1" didn't fit given that the Dealthgrip does, but a friend of mine who recommended this tire said that it barely fits in the stays of his more modern bike, on which he's able to run much larger tires than a 2.1".

banned
    You should be fine 2.1 Nevegals aren't that big. I bought a 98 ish Adroit that had Gaex 2.35's on it and they fit ok.