mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Judy DH NOS....woo hooo!

Havent seen it but am told that I am now the proud owner of an NOS Judy DH 1 inch steerer fork! Woohoo.

I've been stuck on a Bontrager Race Lite resto for a long while. Since December! It's got a Judy XC on it. The damper is good, but I didnt want to run elastomer bumpers. Been thinking of and on about getting Kronos coils, but was not keen on not having rebound control.

Well, I'm hoping the Judy DH fork solves that! The DH version supposedly has an independent rebound damper and a compression damper. Im planning to install the kronos springs on this bad boy and play with the oil to dial it in.

Stoked! If the Judy DH turns out NOS, or even mint, this is going to an epeeeeeeeec resto!

BTW, If anyone has actually played with a Judy XC fork, would appreciate any tips on mods for running the Kronos coils and trying to get some rebound control from the stock cartridge. Ive also seen some damper assemblies for 2001 Judys. Duhno if those will work. They look like rebound dampers, but am not sure.

Thanks!
    Last edited by bing!; 06-26-2013 at 02:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    FWIW, I just picked up a NOS 1997 Judy DHO 20mm fork. It was mint original in the box and works fine so far- (very few bumps in the dining room).I contemplated going the Kronos upgrade but decided to wait till the original actually needs to be rebuilt.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    if youre doing the kronos upgrade anyway, just sell the nos elastomers new. if theyll pass as new. coils will generally feel better than elastomers.

the only question is, will the Judy DH rebound damper have enough ooomph to control the coil spring?

I'll have an answer for that in a week
    Last edited by bing!; 06-26-2013 at 08:49 PM.