mtbr member
    Feb 2011

infusion m-x-c pro

I recently bought an Infusion MXC Pro bike and would like to know some history. Does any one know when, where or who made these monocoque frames? No one at the current Mountain Cycle knows but it looks like a copy of their mid-90's bike.

VRC Illuminati
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com

Wanted: Syncros 27.2 x 425 seatpost

Certified Bike Junkie
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

just like muddybuddy pic

same frame as muddybuddy's picture

Certified Bike Junkie
    Not my pic. just found it doing a quick search. It doesn't really look like any Mountain Cycles that I remember. The Moho STS is probably the closest:

http://www.dirtragmag.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20904

Similar but not the same.
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

mtbr member
    Remember getting one of those for a customer, interesting work on that frame but it resonated every shift through the frame loudly.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Infusion Pic

Here it is-I'm still waiting for the front derailleur. It came with a bottom pull and someone routed the cable around the frame under the derailleur.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails infusion m-x-c pro-infusion-m-x-c-pro.jpg  

26 for life.
    Nice Salsa
    Sent from the future to destroy the past.

Neo-Retro Forever
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by psychelerex
    Here it is-I'm still waiting for the front derailleur. It came with a bottom pull and someone routed the cable around the frame under the derailleur.
    ...so it's a stolen/pawnshop/meth-head bike...usually that's what the cobbed together bikes are.

looks like it migt be strong, but harsh-riding...

I Fought The Lawn
    thats an old blem frame, i cant remember who was selling them ca. '97-98... they were giving them away.

i had one just like it, there should be a popped weld bubble right on the top near the headtube.

one of the nicest riding bikes i ever had thing could climb like an ANIMAL.

Relax. I'm a pro.
    Feb 2004
    Company was operated by Mark Grayson, I believe. He came up through Richard Cunningham's old Mantis shop.
    Instagram: @antoine1000
    http://tfwo.tumblr.com

defender of bad taste
    Nov 2007
    I always really liked those Noleen forks - never owned one, were they any good?
    5 is the old new black; 6 is the new new black...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

noleen mega air

The fork works good for what I do--ride trails. Its pretty light and seems well made. I've replaced o-rings in it once and it hasn't leaked since. Its simple and easy to maintain but I don't know how much rough stuff it will handle--I'm getting too old for that.

tl1
    Bicyclist

Those bikes were beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by psychelerex
    They were well reviewed and looked very durable. I remember around 10-13 years ago Cambria Bike had those frames on close-out at very nice prices, I don't remember if Infusion was still in business or not at that time. I loved that blue color, I came so close to buying one many times but never did partly because they didn't have those crazy, new-fangled disc brake mounts on the frame. They still look totally great and unique today though.

mtbr member
    You are right, Cambria was selling them. They were blems and mine had a small paint blem on the top of the top tube. I think I only paid like $150 for it. I was told they were built by an ex Mountain Cycle employee. It is a great riding HT. I built mine and rode it a little, then I striped off the parts and hung the frame up, like 10 years ago. About two weeks ago I took it down and started building it up with whatever parts I had. I have a 24" wheelset with Sun Rhyno rims and some bullet proof Hayes/Hugi hubs. And it just so happens that I had a rear disc adapter that fits the rear Hayes/Hugi hub that Dan Hanebrink gave me. And it just so happpens that I had a parallel mount Hayes brake from one of his forks that fits the disc adapter, plus a matching Hayes brake for the front fork. It's like it was ment to be. I put on a set of vintage Cooks Brothers cranks. the only thing I had to buy was a set of Arrow XC 24" tires. It looks a little funny with 24" wheels, but I just wanted to get it built back up and not spend to much money. I just have to do a few things like run some cables, hookup and adjust the delrailers and bleed the brakes. Then I'll post some pictures. I think I'll use it as my commuter to the gym and back.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

I had one of those

Was a real fun bike, nice and light too if you could hang the right parts off it. Always wondered if anybody else got in on them when I did. Had it since '98. I put a breakaway bolt on it and haven't worried about it since. Super tough frame, snappy handling and not quite as harsh a ride as you might think given the square stays. Was a fun bike!

mtbr member
    funny... one just popped up on CL near me. Would have passed it off as a department store bike.....though not on the market for any new steeds.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    That's my bike in the picture. I bought it in 96 or 97 from the original builder in San Luis Obispo . He used to build race cars, or still did at the time. It was kinda funny when I ordered it, because I asked him what colors they came in, and he told me the color for that particular month was blue. If I wanted a different color, I would have to wait to see what he was choosing for the next month.

mtbr member
    I've only seen them in blue.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT