mtbr member
    Apr 2013

I'd Rather Be Klunking

I just built up a single speed coaster brake klunker and before I head to the trails with it, I want to get a "I'd rather be klunking" jersey.

Any idea where I can get one?

★ RATRODBIKES.COM ★ View topic - The KlunkR

workin' it Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GasX View Post
    I just built up a single speed coaster brake klunker and before I head to the trails with it, I want to get a "I'd rather be klunking" jersey.

can't help you with the jersey but I suspect you have seen this: Transition Bikes ? Perhaps Transition can provide you with one.
    Try this: HTFU

Retro on Steroids
    Not a jersey. t-shirt only. Printed by Bob Burrowes, with an image on the opposite side of him crashing and the logo "Marin County Klunkers." On the yellow version the slogan "I'd Rather Be Klunking" is on the back. On the white version with purple ink, the slogan is on the front, image on the back.

Not to my knowledge currently available. I am including one with a donation to the Smithsonian that will accompany Breezer #1.

It don't mean a feng if it ain't got that
    shui.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    love your old pics, CK. So glad you were smart enough to keep them safe after all these years. Do you remember who took that one?

workin' it Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GasX View Post

I'd Rather Be Klunking T Shirt from Zazzle.com the T-shirt from the video from Transition.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    can't help you with the jersey but I suspect you have seen this: Transition Bikes ? Perhaps Transition can provide you with one.
    Oh yes, I used their bike as much of the inspiration for my KlunkR

mtbr member
    This guy makes some mean klunker parts and has a nice shirt design.

Products

edit, he's got a couple of shirts.

Retro on Steroids
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    love your old pics, CK. So glad you were smart enough to keep them safe after all these years. Do you remember who took that one?
    That photo was from a session in Deer Park near Fairfax in 1979. The photographer was Gary Fisher, using his Hasselblad large format camera. The bike was also his, one of the first three bikes Tom built, because we had just started our business, and it would be several months before I had a Ritchey MountainBike of my own.

I had to be the model because Gary trusted me with his bike, but not with his camera.

I was shocked when I clicked the link above and saw a new version of the "I'd Rather Be Klunking" t-shirt. Of course, the image of Bob Burrowes and the logo "Marin County Klunkers" is probably not on the back.
    shui.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I'd Rather Be Klunking

Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider View Post
    Not a jersey. t-shirt only. Printed by Bob Burrowes, with an image on the opposite side of him crashing and the logo "Marin County Klunkers." On the yellow version the slogan "I'd Rather Be Klunking" is on the back. On the white version with purple ink, the slogan is on the front, image on the back.

Not to my knowledge currently available. I am including one with a donation to the Smithsonian that will accompany Breezer #1.

Repack: If you have the artwork on paper or even a nice clean t-shirt, you could make more cheaply. You could easily sell these in downtown Fairfax; perhaps even raising money for the memorial. I'd wear one on my single speed as I ride deer park!

Retro on Steroids
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Repack: If you have the artwork on paper or even a nice clean t-shirt, you could make more cheaply. You could easily sell these in downtown Fairfax; perhaps even raising money for the memorial. I'd wear one on my single speed as I ride deer park!
    Bob Burrowes had the idea and printed the shirts. The image is a Wende Cragg photo of him. If anyone does it, they should.
    shui.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I'd Rather Be Klunking

Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider View Post
    Bob Burrowes had the idea and printed the shirts. The image is a Wende Cragg photo of him. If anyone does it, they should.
    Well, get them to do it! Beats these ugly spandex outfits to me.

Retro on Steroids
    Better photos

shui.