Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    My LBS was able to source them. If I remember to ask next time I'm in there I will post the info here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    My LBS was able to source them. I will ask next time I am in and post the info here.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Is this the size that works?

Approximate measurements:

OD
    I have seven Klein's in need of "housing guides" where to you guys get this tubes...?-od.jpg

ID
    I have seven Klein's in need of "housing guides" where to you guys get this tubes...?-id.jpg

Tubing
    I have seven Klein's in need of "housing guides" where to you guys get this tubes...?-liner.jpg

He be a moose too.
    I just took the tubing into a machine shop this morning and the OD is .125". They've got boxes full of hundreds of precision cylindrical pieces of metal, in increments of .001", that are used to measure inner diameter. The tubing has an ID of .088.
    Looking for:
    • Bontrager Comp crown, 1" threaded
    • Syncros Revolution, drive side 172.5

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Thanks Pinguwin. I'm going to pick up a little bit for a project.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I use this for my bikes at friction points, but they are not Klein bikes. It works with the old thick brake cables as well as the thinner shifter cables.

Conversion to inches OD = 0.1185 inches ID = 0.102 inches. Again my measurements are approximate because the tubing is not completely round. I tried to get the best average reading.

I will try to go to my source and look at the reel later today, maybe it has the actual dimensions on the reel.. It is fairly inexpensive I seem to remember somewhere around 10 cents to 50 cents a foot no quanitity minimum. Available in black as well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    From Gary Klein him self (I ask on the Klein facebook page)

" it is just polyethelene. Teflon shreds and binds up the cables. 1/8 is correct. We eventually just used it to thread the cables and removed it in most cases."

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Good job, guys! SQrt2, I owe you an email.

Harrumph
    If your not going for a "parts matching" restoration.....here's a link to the Jagwire/Nokon replacement stuff.
    Slowly slipping to retrogrouchyness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2