mtbr member

Huffy Gila specs

i have a Huffy Gila dual suspenion mountain bike from high school and i need some info/ specs/manuals. to do maintenace and upgrades for the summer. i bought when Bradlees was a going out of busniess. like to know more about it rather than modify it. it works like new except for rust and scratches

mtbr member

Huffy's Rock!!!

Unfortunately I think that when Bradlee's went out of business all the info on the Gila went with them. In the meantime if it is working ok just ride it until something breaks and then figure out how to fix it. There are many good online resources for how to work on you own bike or you can find a book in the library. I think that you will find most all the parts your bike needs at WalMart or perhaps a True Value Hardware type store?

mtbr member
    thanks

i do know it is a 26" bike, a 21 speed, dual suspension

i am unsure if it is a 2000 or 2001 thats what i like to know

what year it is

mtbr member
    Bradlees went bankrupt in 2001 so I would bet it is that years model. Because it is a newer Dual Suspension type bike you might get more info on the DH forum of MTBR than here on the Vintage, Retro and Classact one?

Keep the rubber side down.

mtbr member
    i found 3 serial numbers on the bike, what do they mean?:
    on the frame (crank): BB00H 045618

on a white sticker above the first one: 26860 B 00H

a yellow sticker on the front right side of wheel: 000301831

here are some photos of my bike:

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    You obviously care about your bike, and that's the first step. Problem is, they don't make parts to fix that might break, other than the branded gear and brake parts, tires, tubes and cables. The frame, shock, suspension fork etc are unfixable, designed to be thrown out and replaced when dead, actually, that's really the cheme for the entire bike, honestly (which is a sad statement on how our country thinks of bicycles...). It's not a bike with any great value, but if you like it, ride it till it dies, and buy something a bit higher end, if you want longer term serviceability. BTW, the DH board will be a shark tank, featuring you as the chum, Bigwheel's just being a gentler, kinder sort of shark
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Members who have read this thread: 0