Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

An hour to go on the Grafton Speedtraps...

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Bertleman 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#5 ·
did any of you actually ride Grafton pedals back in the day?

well I did! They looked absolutely ******n. That's about it. The cleat used a three bolt look pattern. The cleat bodies either broke or crapped out. The bearings were most excellent equal with using the pedal as clipped pedal. I went through two sets of cleats before I gave up on mine. The bodies litterally had a hole worn through them.

What else can I say....maybe the guy likes Grafton's

VTW

#6 ·
Yea I rode them, threw away the cleats as soon as I got them

never even bothered to mount them, and put my specialized mountain clips on them with Christophe straps!! (toe clips) I vividly remember some of my friends tumbling down cliffs on highly tecnical sections cause they couldn't dab. They were truely "clipped in" :eek:

I was slow to get hooked on the SPD's too bad, now I can't ride anything BUT SPD's

#8 ·
For as beautiful as they were grafton parts never held up that well.
Only the brakes seem to have stood the test of time.
Joystix are rare because most of the ones sold are now broken.
The pedals were just a silly design. SPDs were more convenient and reliable and there were hundreds of other caged pedals for 1/10th the money.

#9 ·
I had 'em and they ruled!

I have a set and once I got used to them(about a month) they worked great! I don't use them any more but, I got two sets of cleats with them. One for spd shoes and one for non-spd shoes. I used the non-SPD cleats because I couldn't clip in with the spd ones.

#10 ·
did you really have the SPD adapter???

To the best of my knowledge the Grafton cleat never was manufactured with a SPD bolt pattern. There was supposed to be an adapter swimming around to adapt the Look bolt pattern to the SPD pattern. Howver, I never even saw this part. Supposedly...this was vaporware.

VTW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.