Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dario78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6

    Help - mystery frame ID

    Hello, VRC community. I figure if anyone could identify this Everlasting Jawbreaker looking frame, they'd be on this forum. The bottom bracket shell is serialized 86904, otherwise, these pictures probably tell more than I can:

    Help - mystery frame ID-20180520_180249.jpg

    Help - mystery frame ID-20180520_180336.jpg

    Help - mystery frame ID-20180520_180402.jpg

    Help - mystery frame ID-20180520_180424.jpg

    Help - mystery frame ID-20180520_180646.jpg

    Help - mystery frame ID-20180520_181039.jpg

    Help - mystery frame ID-20180520_181459.jpg

  2. #2
    Schipperkes are cool.
    Reputation: banks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,137
    To my eyes, it has some Fat Chance'esque parts; BB, seat collar clamp tab, tab between the seat stays at the seat tube, seat and chain stay bullet ends at the dropouts, and a Hoss style paint.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.
    I ride so slow, your Garmin will shut off.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mainlyfats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by banks View Post
    To my eyes, it has some Fat Chance'esque parts; BB, seat collar clamp tab, tab between the seat stays at the seat tube, seat and chain stay bullet ends at the dropouts, and a Hoss style paint.
    +1. Definitely Fat Chance. 1986. There were no model names then, it's just a Fat Chance Mtn Bike.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    351
    hmm, agree with the Chance idea going by the bullet'ed chain stay, but it also seems to have some Brodie'esque bits like the BB cable guides? In either case, nice find, the early King headset is sweet. Cheers

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dario78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by mainlyfats View Post
    +1. Definitely Fat Chance. 1986. There were no model names then, it's just a Fat Chance Mtn Bike.
    Thanks for the replies banks and mailyfats. Much appreciated.

    Are you sure about the no-name? After reading your reply and perusing the interwebs, I found a couple almost identical bikes referred to as a "Kicker."

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dario78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Claus View Post
    hmm, agree with the Chance idea going by the bullet'ed chain stay, but it also seems to have some Brodie'esque bits like the BB cable guides? In either case, nice find, the early King headset is sweet. Cheers
    Thanks! Unfortunately, I think the headset is just a Specialized, but this bike did come with some other nice bits, and I think the bottom bracket is an early Phil.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mainlyfats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Dario78 View Post
    Thanks for the replies banks and mailyfats. Much appreciated.

    Are you sure about the no-name? After reading your reply and perusing the interwebs, I found a couple almost identical bikes referred to as a "Kicker."
    Pretty sure. Kicker is 1985. Yours is 86 according to the serial number.

    You never know though... As most of the Fat City OGs will tell you, it was pretty tough to see through the smoke back then and sh!t happens.

    Ask at fatcogs.com One of the regulars there has the official build ledger.

    86FAT2 | Fat Chance Catalogue 1986 | Retrobike

Similar Threads

  1. Mystery Frame...Please help me figure out what this is.
    By skylux in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 02:04 PM
  2. Help me identify this mystery frame
    By skaw in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2013, 10:04 AM
  3. Mystery frame - please help me identify it
    By Buzz1024 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 04:24 AM
  4. HELP! Mystery 1990's mountain bike frame???
    By mach-n-it_downhill in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 01:46 AM
  5. HELP! Mystery mountain bike frame???
    By mach-n-it_downhill in forum Passion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 10:00 PM

Members who have read this thread: 61

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.