mtbr member
    Jun 2007

HElp Find - 1 in steerer Susp fork

I have a 1998 Kona HArdtail.

Has a Rock SHox Indy...that has finally given out completely. It's almost unrideable...

I was hoping to upgrade to a different shock. ....but 1 inch steerer tube forks are hard to find....
    Anyone know of a place to ind those? 1 inch steerer tube suspension fork.
    It's threadless.

Found the rebuild kit /elastomer for the INdy online for $10 bucks...but I hoped to upgrade the shock if I can find one that doesnt break the bank.

Thanks

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Marzocchi still offers a 1" steerer option for some of the aftermarket models. Any Marzocchi service center (in canada, its Norco bicycle products, the distributor who has one in Vancouver) can do the swap. Just find an 80mm travel model you like and get the steerer changed.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Carsten
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxthedog
    I have a 1998 Kona HArdtail.

Has a Rock SHox Indy...that has finally given out completely. It's almost unrideable...

I was hoping to upgrade to a different shock. ....but 1 inch steerer tube forks are hard to find....
    Anyone know of a place to ind those? 1 inch steerer tube suspension fork.
    It's threadless.

Found the rebuild kit /elastomer for the INdy online for $10 bucks...but I hoped to upgrade the shock if I can find one that doesnt break the bank.

Thanks
    sure it is a 1998 model if it has a 1" head tube? those should have the standard 1 1/8" head tube.

try to score Englund cartridges on ebay (might be a long shot) if the bushings are not worn...

Carsten

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsten
    sure it is a 1998 model if it has a 1" head tube? those should have the standard 1 1/8" head tube.

try to score Englund cartridges on ebay (might be a long shot) if the bushings are not worn...

Carsten

Thats what I was thinking too....98 with a 1"? Maybe a Slingshot or Ritchey were still 1" at that time.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    My 95' Bianchi is also a 1" head tube and I need a new fork!! My first generation SID is about done. 3rd fork on this frame with over 20k offroad miles. Do I have any other choices besides a Marzzochi? Sure would like to try a Fox. Thanks for any help.

VRC Illuminati
    No chance on getting a 1" Fox.

Send your SID to Hippietech. Jerry will make it good as new.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

-bustin punks
    I have a Royal Blue Marzocchi Bomber Z2 BAM (80mm with heavy springs) that has the bolt-in steerer crown on it. It's just sitting in my garage. I started to overhaul it, but then got a 29er, so it is collecting dust. You'd still need to get a 1" steerer from Marzocchi, as a 1-1/8" is currently installed.

I have a brand new set of Enduro seals and bushings for it.

pm me if interested.

FCTi

Members who have read this thread: 0