mtbr member
    Mar 2013

have any idea what kind of stem this is?

Schipperkes are cool.
    Silver Aluminium, heavier then it looks, TG I'd use it!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

Mtn Biker Machinist
    No idea, the JG might be a clue. Looks homemade to me, i.e. made as a one off in a small shop, not mass produced. Square edges and chunky look give it away.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    JTG stem.

Phobia of petting zoos.
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zygote2k View Post
    JTG stem.
    It's not Control Tech?

Grumps

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grumpy View Post
    It's not Control Tech?

Grumps
    I thought that it could actually be one of those Newton prototypes that CT made, but the JTG gives it away.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by zygote2k View Post
    JTG stem.
    Who is/was JTG? I couldn't find much info. Is it a trials stem, or MTB? Thanks for the help

Phobia of petting zoos.
    Oct 2005
    I googled JG, I don't think it's JTG, and needless to say nothing popped up. Could be a home made thing, or a one off, or such a low volume that it doesn't register.

The height and reach might indicate a trials stem. It would be limited to a flat bar given it doesn't have a removable face plate to allow a riser.

I also thought the first letter could be a "D". There was a BMX manufacturer, DG, or Dan Gurney, but they went out of action prior to the threadless headset era, so I really doubt it was something they made.

Until someone comes up with a lead on it, I'm guessing it is a one-off. How did you come by it? Like, was it on a bike, in a box of random parts you bought from a yard sale, fell from an aircraft?

Grumps

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grumpy View Post
    I googled JG, I don't think it's JTG, and needless to say nothing popped up. Could be a home made thing, or a one off, or such a low volume that it doesn't register.

The height and reach might indicate a trials stem. It would be limited to a flat bar given it doesn't have a removable face plate to allow a riser.

I also thought the first letter could be a "D". There was a BMX manufacturer, DG, or Dan Gurney, but they went out of action prior to the threadless headset era, so I really doubt it was something they made.

Until someone comes up with a lead on it, I'm guessing it is a one-off. How did you come by it? Like, was it on a bike, in a box of random parts you bought from a yard sale, fell from an aircraft?

Grumps
    This beauty came from a box of random stuff I got from a shop. It is totally weird and homemade looking, but figured the logo would be more of a tell. It's always fun going through those boxes - you never know what you'll get...I did find a cool 1" ibis ahead crmo stem, some tri-aligns, etc. Thanks for your help