mtbr member
    Feb 2007

GT TI Custom MTB Frame ? Who What When ? $$

Check out this frame....any input >
    Last edited by WheelTired; 10-19-2008 at 09:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Nice.

mtbr member
    It is not "custom".....That Sir is a genuine 1991 Xizang. It was pictured in the GT catalog in 1991. The complete Titanium Xizang was called the Xizang LE that year. check out the catalog scan pictured below. What you have there is a 32/2.5 Ti front end with a bolt on chromoly rearend. Very few were made but there are a few around. This was among some of the early frames that were made by Maurice Lavoie (?sp) if memory serves me correctly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gm1230126; 10-19-2008 at 01:46 PM.
    Needed: 26.8mm XTR seatpost, blue GT/Grundig Jersey.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Hey cool,
    I did a bit of searching and came up with nothing...thank you !!

My first mountain bike was a GT Avalanche, I still have the thing.

VRC Illuminati
    As far as GT's go, thats a cool one.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

mtbr member

That is one sweet frame!

Neo-Retro Forever
    Oct 2004
    I always wanted one of those! What size is it?

mtbr member
    Appears to be an 18 C-C judging by the head tube and slight top tube slope.

mtbr member
    Bushy...Rumpf somebody close this down now. Once again we have someone that took advantage of the forum posted for information and even stole the posted catalog picture from the thread and included it in their eBay listing. I'll learn someday. This really nipples if you know.
    what I mean. Same lister through up a like thread on Retrobike and moderator John has already closed it down.
    Last edited by gm1230126; 10-19-2008 at 08:42 PM.

bonked
    Hopefully he posted a picture of that seat collar in his auction, because it looks like it f'ed up the top of the seat tube.
    Quote Originally Posted by banks
    That is one big f'n dude!
    Yes I am!

Certified Bike Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by gm1230126
    Bushy...Rumpf somebody close this down now. Once again we have someone that took advantage of the forum posted for information and even stole the posted catalog picture from the thread and included it in their eBay listing. I'll learn someday. This really nipples if you know.
    what I mean. Same lister through up a like thread on Retrobike and moderator John has already closed it down.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't understand why you take it so personally when this happens. I mean, I've come across parts before that I didn't know a lot about and came here looking for more information and sometimes I sold the items later and used the information in the listing. I don't see what is so wrong with that. Actually quoting someone or stealing an image isn't cool, but just using information?
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by IF52
    Hopefully he posted a picture of that seat collar in his auction, because it looks like it f'ed up the top of the seat tube.
    Just searched epray and found the auction.
    No pic of the seat collar

Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006

ditto....

Quote Originally Posted by muddybuddy
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't understand why you take it so personally when this happens. I mean, I've come across parts before that I didn't know a lot about and came here looking for more information and sometimes I sold the items later and used the information in the listing. I don't see what is so wrong with that. Actually quoting someone or stealing an image isn't cool, but just using information?
    +1 on this thought..yes, I've done it too...not as often as I've been accused of but I have done it. As a matter of fact, most of the time I've done it, someone HERE ended up being the buyer..
    "I won't sell these for a penny less than $60.00. I'd rather put 'em back on the shelf and keep 'em! "

mtbr member
    +2 you guys are a bunch of b!tches !!!!!
    NO SHIRT
    NO SHOES
    NO DICE

Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff spicoli
    +2 you guys are a bunch of b!tches !!!!!
    I stand by what I said but claim no alliance with anything spicoli says....
    "I won't sell these for a penny less than $60.00. I'd rather put 'em back on the shelf and keep 'em! "

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Wow, what a trip......
    I deleted the egay add, I also deleted the magazine clipping that I used that was property of one MTBR user, along with that magazine add were photo's of my frame that were deleted as well...trademark infringement.

+3

Certified Bike Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    Just searched epray and found the auction.
    No pic of the seat collar
    Yeah, if he tries to pass that off as undamaged I might be a little pissed when the box showed up. That seat tube is definately smushed.
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    I'm with gm1230126 on this. Sorry stan, jeff and muddy. I enjoy sharing information with people who want to learn about the history of mountain bikes and what they meant to me over 20 years ago. And if that information we freely disseminate is used eventually to sell a part of frame, that's fine. But when the fishing is so sneaky - hey, check out what I just got, what is it and what do you think of it - and the information supplied here is plagarized along with photos that may be included, well, that just doesn't sit right with me. So, call me a b!tch.

Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006
    "it's a fine line...between love and hate"

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmike
    I'm with gm1230126 on this. Sorry stan, jeff and muddy. I enjoy sharing information with people who want to learn about the history of mountain bikes and what they meant to me over 20 years ago. And if that information we freely disseminate is used eventually to sell a part of frame, that's fine. But when the fishing is so sneaky - hey, check out what I just got, what is it and what do you think of it - and the information supplied here is plagarized along with photos that may be included, well, that just doesn't sit right with me. So, call me a b!tch.

What Mike said.

If it ends up that that item you were asking about, is sold at some point, so be it.
    Its when people are fishing for buyers, hyping interest, or pillaging info with the intent to sell and being 'sneaky' about it...its not a very good feeling. When someone does that, I feel that they are insulting our forum members and taking advantage of their generosity.

If they were honest from the get go, this might unfold differently.

That being said, thread locked.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.