Thread: Goatbike?

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Goatbike?

Anyone have Photos (I hope), info. or own one of these east coast, New England trail beasts?
    The new EWR interest had me searching and looking back into the mtbr archives. At the time, I was still looking for the EWR that I currently ride. Someone suggested Goatbike and I remember checking them out. This was back in 2002 or so.
    Anyway, any information appreciated.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

Fat City Michael

Goat Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster
    Anyone have Photos (I hope), info. or own one of these east coast, New England trail beasts?
    The new EWR interest had me searching and looking back into the mtbr archives. At the time, I was still looking for the EWR that I currently ride. Someone suggested Goatbike and I remember checking them out. This was back in 2002 or so.
    Anyway, any information appreciated.
    Eastcoaster,
    If you do a Google search there are some articles on "Goat Bike", but they don't seem to be in business any longer, I may have the e-mail address for Dave Blackney who made these frames, if so I will send you a PM. Dave was apparently one of the guys who made the Box Crown forks for Fat City Cycles in Somerville in the mid 80s...His Goat Bikes also had some cool boxy shaped frame tubes and looked completely bomb proof!
    FATMIKEYNYC
    STILL Looking For: NOS 176 Non-Drive Cook Bros RSR Crank Arm in silver