mtbr member

Good job! Girvin Flexstem suspension stem system

I just came across this stem the other day and think it's pretty cool. I'm not that into the vintage stuff, which is mostly why I never post here, however it does interest me a lot. I've ridden a few different suspension stems before and think it's pretty cool. Not a fan of how the brake levers and bars turn with the stem but oh well, primitive engineering Anyways, the stem is close to mint condition. Brand new looking almost. But when I researched it I couldn't find any info on this model. I don't have any packaging with it. Does anyone know anything about it? Any info would be helpful. I"ll probably end up selling or trading it so PM me if you might want it for a sweet retro build. But any helpful info on this thread would be awesome. I can post more info or pictures if needed as well.

mtbr member
    I had the first 2 generations back in the day, and actually liked them. before I got a RockShox!

This one looks like one made for a, what do you call them, street kind of non so serious dirt mountain bike...cross trainer?

I don't thing you have anything special, as it's an all steel, low end latter model.

mtbr member
    I don't think it's the one that is worth millions either but it's definitely cool. And I'd like it to go to someone that will use it. But yeah I did not mention that it came off of a Trek Multitrak 750