Thread: Girvin?

Singletrackmac

Girvin?

Just bought a Pro Flex 555 for $77 that I have been looking at for a while at a local thrift store. As far as I can tell it is in good shape for how old it is and looks to be original down to the tires it came with, but I am not totaly sure. Are these considered Vitage/retro/classic or whatever?

I have wanted a Pro Flex ever since I saw my first one, a 853 back in the early 90's. I road a 89' Trek 820 back then and thought suspension was the coolest thing ever the first time I saw a FS bike on the trails.

((Definitely need to replace the microcellular foam shocks, they are pretty hard)
    Last edited by singletrackmack; 08-12-2013 at 04:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    My 96 Beast was by far my favorite bike, till it was stolen...Wish I could find another one someday.. Good score for 77 bucks IMO

mtbr member
    Their bikes used 3 numbers to show what year and where in the range that model was. The 555 was a mid level bike from 1995.

Singletrackmac
    It is a 95. I think this is the last year the original 1989or90 generation frame was made, with a chromoly swing arm and triangle frame with a complete seat tube. It has the alluminum traingle generation 5 frame and i believe was the highest end model with that frame in 1995, all other higher end models that year and then on had The World Cup frame without a complete seat tube.

The Girvin Vector/AL fork is the meanest looking suspension fork system I have ever seen and I still remember seeing that gnarly looking pivoting suspension fork back in 95' and drooling over it.

I will post some more pics in a new thread for my fivefiftyfive rebuild later.
    Last edited by singletrackmack; 08-12-2013 at 04:14 PM.