Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garage Shots

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I am working on a room in my basement as a bike room. It is coming along, so I was able to move some of my gear/ bikes in. It has been a winter project that I have done with a good friend of mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Garage Shots-img_0578.jpg  

Ride More, Work Less
    ^ very nice
    Craigslist & MTBR --free ads for all

velocipede technician
    You have a window in your basement?
    looking for 20-21" P team

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Yep, it's a walkout in the back.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    ^ very nice
    Thank you. It has been a ton of work, we did it all, sheet rock, spray the ceiling, floors, etc. Still have a lot of the trim work to do, and signs to put up but I am excited to have a nice , clean space to build and maintain my bikes. The American M16 in the picture on the shelf is next in line to get built!

Sergeant Spandex
    I love this game, although most of these photos are old it is still much the same
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Garage Shots-my-bike-garage-5.jpg  

Garage Shots-my-bike-garage-4-web.jpg  

Garage Shots-my-bike-garage-1-web.jpg  

Phobia of petting zoos.
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    I love this game, although most of these photos are old it is still much the same
    I saw that first pic with the Campy stuff all neatly lined up and a little bit of wee came out...

Grumps

Phobia of petting zoos.
    Oct 2005
    Moved house last year. New digs have a double garage that is one and a half cars in length, so plenty of space for a workshop. I'm also tinkering with a muscle car as well as the usual home improvement palaver so the tool chests are for "general tools" and not bike tools. There is a stereo and a fridge. The fridge holds beer because here in Australia, it was mandated by law that all fridges must hold beer.

Garage Shots-p3120457.jpg

Garage Shots-p3120458.jpg

There's no bike presence in those photos, but the house has a storage area which I have fitted out to keep the fleet tidy and neat.

Garage Shots-p3120459.jpg

This is the bike tool only tool chest, and the tubs o' parts. I have an antique display cabinet that I will fixing up to display things like Campy Delta brakes and other more sensuous parts.

Garage Shots-p3120460.jpg

Then there is the area under the house where the spiders can hang out with the hung out frames, wheels, forks, bars and other bits that won't fit in the plastic tubs.

Garage Shots-p3120461.jpg

Still a work in progress with some more shelving to be installed and more general organisation.

Grumps

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmiguel View Post
    Going bigger? And better?
    Yes and no. The house got hit by the two cottonwoods you can see in the right of the picture. So we are rebuilding the upper level with regular 8 foot walls instead of the 4 foot stem walls it used to have and going to convert that area eventually into a new master bedroom.

The garage space will be the same dimensions wise, but we are reclaiming a ton of usable space in it by moving the stairs to the upper level. Also getting fully insulated, natural gas garage heater, new lights, new doors, etc.

The guys are then coming soon to start mapping out the new shop area I will hopefully be building soon (depending on how much I choke on the price). That will be 3500 sq ft or larger of a pole barn sitting towards the back of the property and that will eventually be the real shop....... not sure if I will get all that built this year or if this year will only be the concrete.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123