Team Brooklyn

Front Brake Cable hanger

Finally picked up a nice 0 rise Ibis Ti stem for my Mongoose/Merlin Ti.

I now need a quality front brake cable hanger. the part that goes around the steerer needs to be on the thinner side as there arent many threads on the fork's steerer tube btween the upper race and lock ring.

Any suggestions as to what and where to get it?

Thanks,
    Paul
    Wanted: more of the same ... but different

mtbr member
    WTB are the primo ones - on eBay or from someone with a secret stash. With a 0 rise stem, you might be better off with one that steps down though.

Head over to the shop that really broke high end mountain bikes in your town - if it still exists - I bet they'll have something in one of their pharmacy cabinet drawers.

mtbr member
    Not sure if this will be of any help but I ended up going with one of those brake hangers that clamps around the stem (because I too didn't have enough threads on my fork).

Some like this: Link

In my app I used one of my stems lying around so I used a 1-1/8" adapter to fit in my 1" fork. Of course, the clamp didn't quite fit (it was still too loose so I ended up cutting a piece of an old fork steerer tube, notching it and using that as a shim. All of this is on my commuter so "era specific" isn't totally required. It's my commuter and it blends lots of old pieces I had lying around along with some new.......

If you need some of that old steerer tube, PM me, I can send you some to do the same. Or a LBS might have them lying around, it's an old Rockshox press fit steerer tube.

Aloha,
    g
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Front Brake Cable hanger-img_1866-1.jpg  

Front Brake Cable hanger-img_1857-1.jpg  

Front Brake Cable hanger-img_1855-1.jpg  

Front Brake Cable hanger-img_1856-1.jpg  

Front Brake Cable hanger-img_1854-1.jpg  

Team Brooklyn
    thanks for the suggestions - excellent advice
    Wanted: more of the same ... but different