mtbr member

Fisher Trials Frame???

Ok don't rip me too bad but i have this frame i was taold it was a trials because of the headtube. Not sure it is but i found some pictures of the Advance with the evolution headset but nothing like this one. It has the 1 1/4 stem and the bike seems pretty crappy but wanted to make sure before i toss it into the trash.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fisher Trials Frame???-gftrials.jpg  

1985 Ritchey Timber Comp
    1985 Ritchey Ascent
    1987 Ritchey Timberwolf

Schipperkes are cool.
    It's a Fisher Evolution 1-1/4" head tube frame. With that stem, maybe it was setup for Trials. Ship it to me before you throw it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

TrinityRiverKerplunk
    Yakima, you have the smallest version that Fisher made, a 13" Advance. These were just regular off-road bikes, and the back brakes never worked very well. I buil quite a few of these and they were great for women who barely made it above five feet in height. I think they did these also with the HKK and maybe the Celerity, but don't hold me to it since it has been over twenty years!

Yeah, that head tube sure looks funny. But wow, was I ever sold on Evolution. It worked great in my view.

Thanks for sharing!
    Good friction shifting is getting hard to find nowadays....

mtbr member
    Thanks guys
    1985 Ritchey Timber Comp
    1985 Ritchey Ascent
    1987 Ritchey Timberwolf