mtbr member

Fat Chance Titanium and Cook Bros Cranks

I have a pair of the original dogbone style Cook Bros cranks - I wish to use them on my Fat Ti but just cannot track down an appropriate BB (Shimano cartridge hassle free preferably).

Any idea what length axle or BB I can use - it needs quite a long axle length to clear the stays of the Fat Ti. Im using a pair of silver Toplines at the moment but fear for their lack of strength...

Incidentally - Im looking to swap the 3d violet ones I have for some blue ones - any takers?

Jez
    Big collector of parts always willing to trade. Disk drives, cnc items and rarities.

those are Rollercams...
    Something around 122mm should work for you with those cranks.

the new Gilbert Grape
    Quote Originally Posted by WTB-rider
    Something around 122mm should work for you with those cranks.
    Actually it likely needs to be longer. Shimano made a 127.5mm (or something close to that) that works. Using a 122mm. I did not have enough clearance on a Bontrager.

mtbr member
    Yes a 122mm is definitly too short. I have a royce titanium that just isnt long enough to clear the stays.

My LBS doesnt stock anything longer than 123mm - and they are LX cartridge BB's - uurggghh. Work well but a little weighty...
    Big collector of parts always willing to trade. Disk drives, cnc items and rarities.

the new Gilbert Grape
    Quote Originally Posted by j333ssa
    My LBS doesnt stock anything longer than 123mm - and they are LX cartridge BB's - uurggghh. Work well but a little weighty...
    Longer ones are getting hard to find. About a year ago I was searching and called about 10 shops before I found one.

Phil Wood still sells long spindles, but they cost a bit more than Shimano.