Hissatsu Jitensha-nin

Evolution of Bicycles?

Sorry, the chart was way too big to embed.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/021..._zoom.png?3057

Retro on Steroids
    I took a look. It pretty much ignores the era this sub-forum celebrates..

I have no idea what the artist is attempting to convey, but the history of bicycling is a lot more complicated than that chart.
    It don't mean a feng if it ain't got that
    shui.

Phobia of petting zoos.
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider View Post
    I have no idea what the artist is attempting to convey, but the history of bicycling is a lot more complicated than that chart.
    I find it remarkably informative. I had no idea that the fixie led to the Eddy Merckx Motorola of the 1950s (which is actually a MX Leader but lets not get too involved) and that the touring bike led to the freeride bike in the mid 70s which resulted in the advent of the downhill bike.

It's a nice graphic but you don't want to stare at it or use it as a resource.

Grumps

mtbr member
    I think what throws it out is the fact that the calender scale on the side only goes to the year 2000, as there are DH, FR, 29er and 27.5 bikes all listed at the bottom.
    I wouldn't take the whole thing as gospel, but there's some neat stuff on there.
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

mtbr member
    Eventually the shocks and suspensions oils, air, springs will be replaced by superconducting magnets that repell each other. Just like mag lev trains. That way you get a super plush ride and adjust by adding stronger or weaker magnets. Just a thought
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerth View Post
    Eventually the shocks and suspensions oils, air, springs will be replaced by superconducting magnets that repell each other. Just like mag lev trains. That way you get a super plush ride and adjust by adding stronger or weaker magnets. Just a thought
    wait.....I mean wait....and then after all that waiting...it all comes down to weight.

I've been waiting for those darned magnets to revolutionize something for a long time now....ow well....back to MTB's

that chart is like trying to interpret statistics...whatever you want it to be I guess..
    shouldnt a timline have something to do with the actual timing of these bikes...I only know from 1970 up...and its all outta wack.....nothing like to internet to keep us all informed.