Thread: Ellison???

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Ellison???

Anyone ever heard of or have any information on Ellison frames? I know they were made in Texas, but that's all I know.
    Thanks
    Mark

Holy Chromoly!!
    Here in the Netherlands we briefly had a small shop that had some of those Ellison's sold here. I remember they had a hardtail with a not traditional frame, consisting of several traingle's instead of the diamond shape most frames have. In my recollection Ellison was a one man operation conducted from his garage. Somewhere I might have an article... if only I could find it....
    No, I am not retro.... I am way ahead of my time...

"...though a lot of marijuana was smoked in the early days of mountain bike development, not all of the riders were potsmoking hippies... " Frank J. Berto

Who's that f#$king Doug Lexington?!

Holy Chromoly!!
    Well, I dug up the article I mentioned. Its a collection of some copied papers from the dutch distributor, who sold some of these frames around 1994. I remember seeing one on the trails back in the days I started biking (summer '97).

The only thing I can gather from the paperwork, is that the guy's full name is Randy Ellison, and he had several hardtails and a FS design in aluminium. He also built road frames in either alu or titanium. Supposed to have been building since 1985. I just stopped Googling on his name, I couldn't find anything even remotely connected to the bike brand.
    No, I am not retro.... I am way ahead of my time...

"...though a lot of marijuana was smoked in the early days of mountain bike development, not all of the riders were potsmoking hippies... " Frank J. Berto

Who's that f#$king Doug Lexington?!

those are Rollercams...

Nothing special.

Randy Ellison was the builder. The frames were sloppily welded aluminum with a penchant for failure. Doubtful if they have any value today. The shop I worked at during the early 90's did the build-ups for a group of guys who had ordered the frames by mail, every one of those frames broke.

FreeRider 4 Real (not!)
    He made suspension forks to I think. I remember an ad for a ti suspension fork if I remember corectly.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Hi !

The thread is a few days old, bu t Im also looking on infos about Ellison Bikes. I myself have an Ellison E-Stay, bought in 94. And its still a cool, unbroken bike / frame.
    But my problem is, that I need new decals an to reproduce them, I need a good picture. Anyone out there, who has a picture ???

Greetings from Germany,

ch

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    2005 is a few days old eh?
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    I had a FS frameset made by Ellison. It was OS Aluminum throughout, excellent welds, and hadn't broken under my, or anyone elses corpulence/abuse in years.
    I searched the net for info, finally finding a phone number for Ellison in Tx, but the number didn't work. No other details seemed forthcoming.
    Wanted: Phil Wood front hub, one orphan WTB shifter mount.