Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Doug Bradbury Manitou for sale (MTBR Classifieds)

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Rumpfy 
#1 ·
Doug Bradbury Built Manitou Frame for sale:
MTBR classified # 95368

#2 ·
Good job beating out Pete at the end Laffeaux. I hope you won't be one of those that don't want to share the photos of your prize with others. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I wanted one of those sooooo bad back in the day.

Doug lives here in the Butte and the next time I see him I am going to let him know about this.

#5 ·
crconsulting said:
Nice win!!

We expect a full pictorial once its together....

You should probably pick up that seatpost too.....
I'll definitely post pics when it's done.

And in the mean time I'm busy selling off several bikes to pay for it. :(

#6 ·
Didn't catch it while up on ebay. Was wondering....

Complete bike? Just frame? How much dough did you have to give up to catch it? I have a buddy with a Manitou frame. Unsure what vintage, could check on serial #, etc. and was wondering just how much his is worth. He just had it up at the Mountain Bike Weekend in Jim Thorpe, PA this year! Great condition.
Thanks for the help. The Manitou stuff is definitely out of my realm of knowledge.
Now, as far as northeastern USA stuff goes....that's a diff. story!

#7 ·
Eastcoaster said:
Complete bike? Just frame? How much dough did you have to give up to catch it? I have a buddy with a Manitou frame. Unsure what vintage, could check on serial #, etc. and was wondering just how much his is worth. He just had it up at the Mountain Bike Weekend in Jim Thorpe, PA this year! Great condition.
Thanks for the help. The Manitou stuff is definitely out of my realm of knowledge.
Yeah...the deal (in this case) is not so much that it's a 'Manitou'...but more that it's a DB frame and NOT an Answer frame.

#8 ·
Eastcoaster said:
Frame and fork only. Enough dough that I'll be having meals of only white rice for several years.

Find out if your buddy has a Bradbury or Answer Manitou and post pics.

#9 ·
Already think that it's a....

Answer. Yeah...pretty sure...thinking back on it. Will double check on it though with him. Photos may be hard. My buddy's in N.Y. state. I'm in S. Eastern PA. He's more of a scr*w tech kind of a guy...a...get out there and do it. I'm sure that he's figuring if he's going to ride next weekend or head to VT to snowboard. But, in the interest of you all...you've helped me out with PLENTY of stuff in the past...I'll drop him a line to see if he can send me anything photo wise.
And, uh...I definitely understand why there's a diff. between a DB and an Answer's value. Kind of one of those...Ah, yeah...he started the company...kind of things. I felt like and idiot, but, hey, always room to learn right? Anything from the past east coast wise...I'm sure that I'll be up to speed! BTW...the same guy also had an early Breezer sweet spot full susp. frame this year...it was the Twister, correct?
Congrats on snagging the DB frame!

#11 ·
Yeah, and I was thinking of a.............

Hardtail anyway...But, I do remember the bike that you posted from just about the time that I was getting back into bikes again. Well, maybe a couple of years after I was back into it. Forgot about that "fork on the rear" design. Pretty cool! Again, congrats! ebay was how I obtained my EWR Orig. Woods Bike frame. Mint cond. Is the bike pictured yours? Or a photo that you had? (unsure as the first post was a while ago.)

#12 ·
Eastcoaster said:
Hardtail anyway...But, I do remember the bike that you posted from just about the time that I was getting back into bikes again. Well, maybe a couple of years after I was back into it. Forgot about that "fork on the rear" design. Pretty cool! Again, congrats! ebay was how I obtained my EWR Orig. Woods Bike frame. Mint cond. Is the bike pictured yours? Or a photo that you had? (unsure as the first post was a while ago.)
That Manitou is his too....you can tell by the green cranks that don't match.

#14 ·
#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.