mountaingoatcycles.com

DKG vintage parts museum

Dave has been adding stuff to his museum section. I was amazed to find out some of the stuff he has made for the bike industry (as well as others). Check it out @ http://www.dkg-cnc.com/museum.html

mtbr member
    I remember that monocoque frame!!

Great stuff, Thanks Jeff!!!
    Last edited by crconsulting; 04-04-2007 at 06:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crconsulting
    I remember that monocoque frame!!

great stuff!

super great stuff. I always loved that trials bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillet-brazed
    super great stuff. I always loved that trials bike.
    the two trials bikes I always liked:

That bike and this guy's, Jim Tre (something) , I cant for the life of me remember his last name, Greek guy. really nice guy and GREAT trials rider I think he even was one of the top three riders in the US at some point. We used to ride with him on Sundays in the GG park. I heard he eventually got Charlie to build him a Cunningham trials bike

Never saw it in person, I believe he moved out of the city. But man, those two trials bikes are two bikes I'd love to try......

anyone ever see that bike?
    Last edited by crconsulting; 04-04-2007 at 06:20 PM.

mtbr member
    That bike and this guy, Jim Tre (something) , I cant for the life of me remember his last name, Greek guy. really nice guy and GREAT trials rider I think he even was one of the top three riders in the US at some point. We used to ride with him on Sundays in the GG park. I heard he eventually got Charlie to build had a Cunningham trials bike

Never saw it in person, I believe he moved out of the city. But man, those two trials bikes are two bikes I'd love to try......

anyone ever see that bike?

Tregonis

So he and Dave Arbogast rode it?

mtbr member
    Tregonis
    Thats it!! realy nice guy too.... soft spoken.

Perhaps, if they are one and the same bike....

Unfortunately I never saw the bike. I had lost touch with him but I ran into a mutual acquaintance he saw me on mine, after we got talking, he mentioned Jim was riding a Cunningham trials. I even remember a blurb about it in MBA or FTF or something.

Did Dave end up with it? Here I was thinking it was time to get out the white pages

Interesting.....

mtbr member

Unfortunately I never saw the bike. I had lost touch with him but I ran into a mutual acquaintance he saw me on mine, after we got talking, he mentioned Jim was riding a Cunningham trials. I even remember a blurb about it in MBA or FTF or something.

Did Dave end up with it? Here I was thinking it was time to get out the white pages

Interesting.....

Not sure. The website there says there were two; one with a 20" wheel and one with a 24" wheel...

I like the upper right corner of the pegboard shot. Some neat stuff there. Above the roller cam arms you can see what looks like a bunch of cams on a sheet of aluminum:

mtbr member
    Tregonis

b.t.w. Did I mention your a walking encyclopedia.....

Way to pull that one out of the hat, Heck, I even knew the guy and couldn't remember his name....

Lacticacid head
    Tregonis

Wow there is a name from the past, Dave Arbogast used to ride that bike out at Briones on the wed night rides of the "Coast Range Riders" back more then several flashbacks ago, ( yea I was member number 009 of that adventure
    www.lacticacidheads.com
    drop in, spin a spell~
    happy trails~

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Tripps
    Wow there is a name from the past, Dave Arbogast used to ride that bike out at Briones on the wed night rides of the "Coast Range Riders" back more then several flashbacks ago, ( yea I was member number 009 of that adventure

pretty cool

Ride Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Tripps
    Good times, those.

those are Rollercams...

Interesting.....
    Tregonis lived in New York for a while, I used to see him riding the boulders in Central Park on the Cunningham Trials bike. Nice guy, incredible rider. Last I heard(14-15 years ago) he was coming home to SF to work as a butcher.

Truly a wealth of useless information.

http://blackdogadventureteam.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WTB-rider
    Tregonis lived in New York for a while, I used to see him riding the boulders in Central Park on the Cunningham Trials bike. Nice guy, incredible rider. Last I heard(14-15 years ago) he was coming home to SF to work as a butcher.

Too funny,
    Yea, that where I met him also, riding boulders in Golden Gate Park....must have been close to 18-20 years ago. Man time sure flies....

Truly a "champion". Quiet unassuming guy with incredible riding and control skills. If I remember right he was one of the top three riders in the US at some point.

Did you get to see his bike? Was it the one pictured on the DKG site?

those are Rollercams...
    Too funny,
    Yea, that where I met him also, riding boulders in Golden Gate Park....must have been close to 18-20 years ago. Man time sure flies....

Truly a "champion". Quiet unassuming guy with incredible riding and control skills. If I remember right he was one of the top three riders in the US at some point.

Did you get to see his bike? Was it the one pictured on the DKG site?
    I want to say(and I know this sounds stupid) that the Cunningham Jim had was similar but different to the one on DKG's site If memory serves, the frame/fork were more conventional but the seat/seatpost were pretty much identical. Jim's had rollercams and the typical CUNNINGHAM logo as well.

Truly a wealth of useless information.

http://blackdogadventureteam.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WTB-rider
    I want to say(and I know this sounds stupid) that the Cunningham Jim had was similar but different to the one on DKG's site If memory serves, the frame/fork were more conventional but the seat/seatpost were pretty much identical. Jim's had rollercams and the typical CUNNINGHAM logo as well.
    That corresponds with what I had heard too.

It was an actual Cunningham trials bike, different from Dave's bikes....

mtbr member
    That tofu-mobile trailer looks like one of those Robot Wars fighting robots....

mtbr member
    I like the upper right corner of the pegboard shot. Some neat stuff there. Above the roller cam arms you can see what looks like a bunch of cams on a sheet of aluminum.
    Yep,
    Lots of programming time on that board. Real nice ecclectic mix of projects and materials. I like that Bay Area Ridge Trail conference table !!

Retro on Steroids
    I dived into the files (again) to locate the rare pix of the bike you guys are discussing, called "The Verdict." (Trials, verdict, get it?) You can see part of it in the photo of Dave. Here's the rest.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It don't mean a feng if it ain't got that
    shui.

Lacticacid head
    Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider
    I dived into the files (again) to locate the rare pix of the bike you guys are discussing, called "The Verdict." (Trials, verdict, get it?) You can see part of it in the photo of Dave. Here's the rest.
    Repack, those shots came from the "Trials" edition of FTF didn't they? I am holding a trials comp at CDM May 6th along with a Vintage Bike Rally just another flashback!
    www.lacticacidheads.com
    drop in, spin a spell~
    happy trails~