Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
    Bird watcher
    Thanks. I always though they looked goofy like that in pics too. Thought maybe they wer mounted wrong or something. But when you mount them in this position they are in the proper positioning for your wrists. This is the way they were designed to be positioned as per Billy Mac (
    Quote Originally Posted by Williwoods
    Awesome CBR cruiser!! Although I would push those bars forward a bit. It just looks goofy that way, although im sure its comfy.

Will

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ckevlar
    Thanks. I always though they looked goofy like that in pics too. Thought maybe they wer mounted wrong or something. But when you mount them in this position they are in the proper positioning for your wrists. This is the way they were designed to be positioned as per Billy Mac (
    Thats interesting, I had a pair of those bars and just mounted them the same as any bmx cruiser bars, inline with headtube.........it did make my wrists bend outward with the bars swept up and out like that. I never would have guessed mounting them like that. But if your source is billy mac then I gues thats that.

Will

likes beer
    looking for inexpensive suggestions on this one (21.1mm steerer):

mtbr member

My Hunter

Rick made this for NAHMBS a few years ago. I ride it a lot.

SANY0014

mtbr member
    I love it! Any more pictures of the fork Crown? Rear Brakes are a nice touch too. Looks a lot like a Lawwill Pro Cruiser. Cool form!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy
    I love it! Any more pictures of the fork Crown? Rear Brakes are a nice touch too. Looks a lot like a Lawwill Pro Cruiser. Cool form!
    You can see it a little better here - he calls it a Super Crown.

SANY0022

mtbr member
    Nice! I like it. I was curious about that additional bridge under the segmented crown. Very unique. That's got to be one of the coolest builds I've seen yet.

Thanks for the additional pics!

mtbr member
    Here is my Rat Rod Cruiser soon to be all original Airflow. I have been collecting parts for this frame for years and have everything but the tank. I have a source for that now.

Too many bikes, and just enough time to ride them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Here's my Schwinn - Coaster brake only, because that's what the rules call for (see http://atomiccycles.com/coaster.html)

illuminaughty
    boy, I'd sure do something about that non-driveside axle nut ....doesn't look too secure to me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    That's gen-U-wine pah-TI-nuh raht thar. Yup. Yessiree bob! Nah - I grabbed that one out of the old nuts-n-bolts can because I was out of SAE. It'll get a new one when I go over to the bike shop to replace a sheared 11g nipple.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Stan,
    I wouldn't think that you would be afraid of a little rust.

One Colorful Rider
    I found this tread after I Googled Klunkerz
    This is a 2000 Schwinn Cruiser Four I sold to a freind 6 years ago. After not seeing him in 6 years he came in to my shop three weeks ago. He wanted to know if I wanted it. I said sure! He pulled it out and it was in rough shape. After five hourss of steel wool, metal polish and frame restorer she looks better.
    Schwinn Cruiser 4 05
    Schwinn Cruiser 4 02

My 1999 Dyno Kruiser Mooneyes
    Mooneyes
    DownHillClown

My Electra Boney Finger with a 60's Schwinn in my backyard
    Boney Finger 011

Bikes I don't know why I keep

mtbr member
    Just built up this rider so I figured I would post it since somebody revived the cruiser thread. Powerlite 3 bar 24.
    Redline cranks
    Ukai speedline wheels
    Pro Neck
    Powerbend bars

And my man cave I am working on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wanted:Nothing. I have too much.

mtbr member

One more...

Not a mountain bike but a cruiser non-the-less. I found this rusting away in a neighbor's yard where it had been left abandoned for the past decade. It took a bit of work but I was able to reuse many of the original parts including the wheelset, stem and fender (although I bobbed it). I replaced the crankset with an old school Takagi BMX crankset from the early 80's and a repro monarch springer fork from Crossbow Cycles. Overall she came out great and rides better than I ever expected given her original condition.

The link to the build sequence is here

Illuminati
    Timmy, nice work, I like the look of that

mtbr member
    Thanks!

mtbr member

Nice job Timmy and Scotty,

I could sure use a few of those Powerlite parts on the Champion build.
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2, or 3. Fillet brazed Ibis Custom. Cunningham Racer. Otis Guy (but not that softride model). That's all I need I don't need anything else... except... except for an old Mountain Goat bar stem combo. And that's all I need. I don't need anything else. Except.....

mtbr member

Back at you!

Your Schwinn has really taken shape. I like your parts choice, from the drum brakes, to the three speed huband and my personal favorite, those old campy BMX cranks.

I actually have a question for you regarding those cranks. I have a set of similar cranks that I've been saving for a special project. My understanding is that these were made for a BB spindle with a track taper. I was just curious what BB you chose for your build?

Thanks in Advance,

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    It was an ISO BB in I believe a 122 width. I did all this wonderful figuring per guidelines on one of Sheldons pages and came up with a 113 width needed. Had my friend who has a bikeshop order one for me. Of course when we put the BB in it was too narrow and he had to dig around and find something wide enough. In my research, believe the only difference between the Campy Pista and the Campy BMX cranks was that the BMX came in the annodized colors (Red/Blue/Gold I think).
    T
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2, or 3. Fillet brazed Ibis Custom. Cunningham Racer. Otis Guy (but not that softride model). That's all I need I don't need anything else... except... except for an old Mountain Goat bar stem combo. And that's all I need. I don't need anything else. Except.....

clunker
    Made some changes to the 1936 C - excuse the crappy cell pics.

NOS shorty Magura with moto cable.

"SCHWINN" stamped Ashtabula stem.

Skull Skates cruiser bars and some beefier WTB rubbers.

The rest is the way it's been rockin the last few years (original paint, original Morrow hub, original chain ring, mid 1950s Sturmey BF front drum, Rigida 2.125 rims, 70s B-72, Campy QR, Odyssey crank, AME grips, VP pedals)

...strictly downhill...

mtbr member
    I like the skull skates bars!
    Wanted:Nothing. I have too much.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    This is a bike I had built over the summer....RETRO HYBRID KLUNKER!

likes beer
    EDITE: sorry, wrong placement of post

likes beer
    that frame looks kinda similar to mine.....mine's a "FMSA BEST CYCLE"....is yours a Schwinn? Yours is cooler.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast