Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Wow,
    Some very cool stuff!

I want to take the red one out. State of the art.
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2, or 3. Fillet brazed Ibis Custom. Cunningham Racer. Otis Guy (but not that softride model). That's all I need I don't need anything else... except... except for an old Mountain Goat bar stem combo. And that's all I need. I don't need anything else. Except.....

mtbr member

The Cruiser Thread

My fun ride MTB with a few bmx parts.

And my Electra Cruiser

Gamers local 2112
    Jul 2009
    Cool little slice of how it came about, don't the pro cruiser have a crazy long wheel base? I have a GL fireoad cruiser and it is just too long to wield in the dirt well..

mtbr member
    My Champion is the worst handling bike I own. Hats off to those who made it work BITD. Total chick magnet on the boulevard though.
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2, or 3. Fillet brazed Ibis Custom. Cunningham Racer. Otis Guy (but not that softride model). That's all I need I don't need anything else... except... except for an old Mountain Goat bar stem combo. And that's all I need. I don't need anything else. Except.....

Gamers local 2112
    Jul 2009
    The Cruiser Thread-jansa2.jpgThe Cruiser Thread-jansa2-3-.jpgThe Cruiser Thread-jansa2-2-.jpg

Latest from the lab for a customer.

mtbr member
    Rev - What kind of coaster brake set up are you using there? That bike looks awesome! Rich.

Gamers local 2112
    Jul 2009
    I think it's a highstop or kt, the same for the most part. The rims are alloy with 12 gauge spokes, pretty cool!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Larkspur Canyon Downhill!

George Newman AKA "The Mad Bomber" This is the last cruiser he rode up to about 1984. Hanging on the wall is his repack winning frame & front wheel

George Newman, Repack.... Brakes? Who needs brakes?

George passing Joe.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    now thats cool stuff, thanks!

mtbr member
    Cool stuff.

Gamers local 2112
    Jul 2009
    Very cool!

mtbr member

Schwinn vs. Colson

Very nice Mr. S-Trail. OK..OK. What are the angles and BB drop on those Colson thangs?
    Compared to say a Schwinn? I think we know a postwar (forward facing drop-out) Schwinn handles speed better than a prewar, so maybe one of the reasons for George being so freakishly fast was the handling of your more favored Colson's.
    Oh'ya and since you will not let that Lawsuit go maybe I should be looking for a Colson.
    Here is a picture of brother, Shreadyready's, Retrotec-Inglis he won by riding an old Schwinn really fast.
    Hugh...Wins on a Schwinn but has the guy build a Colson. HA HA HA - What?
    What is dat rudimentary brake thing over on the left dair.
    Oh, and that helmut looks like it was purchased at the Salvation Armyz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Cruiser Thread-kimg0234.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Shvinn Vs Colson...

Quote Originally Posted by PiasRoller View Post
    Very nice Mr. S-Trail. OK..OK. What are the angles and BB drop on those Colson thangs?
    Compared to say a Schwinn? I think we know a postwar (forward facing drop-out) Schwinn handles speed better than a prewar, so maybe one of the reasons for George being so freakishly fast was the handling of your more favored Colson's.
    Oh'ya and since you will not let that Lawsuit go maybe I should be looking for a Colson.
    Here is a picture of brother, Shreadyready's, Retrotec-Inglis he won by riding an old Schwinn really fast.
    Hugh...Wins on a Schwinn but has the guy build a Colson. HA HA HA - What?
    What is dat rudimentary brake thing over on the left dair.
    Oh, and that helmut looks like it was purchased at the Salvation Armyz.
    You vant-n-z anglz ya? Dependenz on vat forken-z you choose ya

I used to think of the post war Schwinn as the poor boys Colson... well before the inter-web anyhow! Pretty easy to find now.

Freddy's rig is loosely based on a late 30's Iver Johnson
     photo Iver_zpsb49cd042.jpg

Oh... I went over to Donny's tonight and traded my fork in on a canti delete! and I'm putting them on my King Sting.

Fret Not! Those Lawsuits have like 65 degree head angles! Can you say wheel flop. They probably get real stable at like... 90mph!

Anchorage, AK

The Cruiser Thread

Here's a lil number I've been working on all winter. More of a retro/modern bike. 60's metal flake, Brooks leather, and some other blingy parts. The best part is the crank. It's an old Shimano from my 1990 GT Karakoram, the first mtb that was bought for me when I was 16. Cheers!

Sent from my wireless communication apparatus
    two wheel livin'..

Gamers local 2112
    Jul 2009
    The Cruiser Thread-cyclepro.jpgThe Cruiser Thread-cyclepro-4-.jpg

Getting around to this rust bucket, told myself I'd strip the 50+ junkers in my yard first so now I have a 3 foot pile of parts to contend with.

Gamers local 2112
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by anortherncrazy View Post
    Here's a lil number I've been working on all winter. More of a retro/modern bike. 60's metal flake, Brooks leather, and some other blingy parts. The best part is the crank. It's an old Shimano from my 1990 GT Karakoram, the first mtb that was bought for me when I was 16. Cheers!

Sent from my wireless communication apparatus
    It's like a 70"s van but on a bike. Sweet!!!

Gamers local 2112
    Jul 2009
    Well instead of eating and drinking like most people on the 4th, I took the extra day off to get some much needed TIG welding practice in. I saw a double down tube Champion on Ebay and it went for 1800 bucks, not that I couldn't afford the money but the sense that I was indeed a rube would not leave my mind easily, so I decided to make my own. I used my I.F. single speed frame to get the angles, so it's a very quick steering bike, perhaps too much for the street. I made a jig and wrote everything down so I could reproduce it or tweak it if need be. I survived going up and down my street so far, we'll see.

The Cruiser Thread-doublet.jpgThe Cruiser Thread-doublet01.jpg

The Cruiser Thread-doubletr-2-.jpgThe Cruiser Thread-doubletr.jpgThe Cruiser Thread-doubletr-1-.jpg
    Last edited by rev106; 07-05-2014 at 09:15 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Very cool thread! I love the curvey cruiser conversions. Finding one in a 22" frame isn't going to happen without serious capital outlay, but I could still work with a neighborhood cruiser.
    'Tis better to bail and not to hurt, than not to bail and eat much dirt!
    -unknown

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rev106 View Post
    Well instead of eating and drinking like most people on the 4th, I took the extra day off to get some much needed TIG welding practice in. I saw a double down tube Champion on Ebay and it went for 1800 bucks, not that I couldn't afford the money but the sense that I was indeed a rube would not leave my mind easily, so I decided to make my own. I used my I.F. single speed frame to get the angles, so it's a very quick steering bike, perhaps too much for the street. I made a jig and wrote everything down so I could reproduce it or tweak it if need be. I survived going up and down my street so far, we'll see.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doublet.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	200.7 KB 
ID:	906001Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doublet01.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	906002

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doubletr (2).JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	906009Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doubletr.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	906010Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doubletr (1).JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	906011

I totally dig the concept!
    Brian
    http://www.VintageCrank.com
    WANTED
    Early 80's 22"+
    Ritchey
    Diamondback Ridge Runner
    Trek 850
    MountainBikes Montari(e)

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Here's my entry. Not as nice as many here. KHS Fleetwood, I'm told it was from the first year run, one of 200 made. AL frame, debadged, King headset, Specialized cranks & Nexus 7 speed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Cruiser Thread-retro.jpg  

2012 Specialized Camber Comp 29er
    Trek 9800 OLCV, XT upgrade 26er
    KHS Fleetwood
    Schwinn 20" Fastback 5 speed stick shift

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    My favorite cruiser on this thread. I went by my local Trek dealer hoping they had a Classic in stock. None, Trek is out of the cruiser business.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Cruiser Thread-trek-crusier.jpg  

KHS Fleetwood

mtbr member
    My cruiser.

87' Mongoose ATB

The Cruiser Thread-photo.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Another, my 30+ year old Nishiki Pacific, all original except for the tires (and baby seat). Steel frame must weigh 35 lbs. Perfect for the OCNJ boardwalk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Cruiser Thread-nishiki.jpg  

KHS Fleetwood

The Brutally Handsome
    Cruising around the Oregon coast I stopped to take this picture only to have bike fall over and bend the hanger, ouch!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Cruiser Thread-photo-2.jpg  

The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzler View Post
    Cruising around the Oregon coast I stopped to take this picture only to have bike fall over and bend the hanger, ouch!
    Haha...I feel you're pain...can't tell you how many times I've been lining up a photo only to sense just a bit of movement...jump to catch bike, and beat my knees on the landing to save a scuffed pedal and grip end.

Cruiser looks sweet, and riding area looks fun.

Steve

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast