Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

'Cross on an Attitude?

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  KDXdog 
#1 ·
Sooo,

I'm thinking of racing 'cross in a month and my options (besides buying a new bike) are my '92 Attitude or my '02 C'dale hardtail SS conversion. I'm leaning toward the Klein but i'm nervous about cracking the frame.

I've been in school for the past few years (one year left) and haven't ridden much so im kinda skittish about getting her out again.

Would I be a fool for putting the stress of a 'cross race and training on a 20-yr-old aluminum frame?

#4 ·
Love the enthusiasm. Okey-dokey, Klein it is. Besides, it's far more fun to ride (i love the attn it gets) than having it sit in my garage w/ a woobly wheel and sad look on its face.

(I can't wait until i graduate and re-ignite my bike hobby!)

#5 ·
Yeah, I don't see why you can't ride the Klein. Unless it has one of those million dollar paint jobs, ride like a bat out of hell! :p

I am of the perspective that bikes are meant to be enjoyed and racing, falling, crashing, denting, scratching is just part of it. They ought to be loved enough to be taken care of, admired enough to be built proudly and respected enough to ride hard and fast every day.

Nice to see ya again, Slimpee.

#10 ·
I bought it with a Judy FSX installed (with Englund air cartridges). I think it's kinda cool because there can't be very many FSXs around with a Klein MC1 steerer.

But, the owner also had the rigid fork so i had that swapped back in right away...

#15 ·
Nice! Good for you!

Hijack alert: My winter project: make my 96 Bonty race into a cross machine. 700c wheels will fit the frame, I have a FAT big 1" fork that will also work with the "roadie" wheelset.

My Tri-aligns braked should give the adjustment needed...we'll see.

I know I could just run 26", but that's too easy!

To be continued!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.