mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Croll mountain frame pics/info

In a fit of Bicycle Acquisition Syndrome I recently bought an old Croll mountain frame. It is NOS and sports only a primer coat from House of Kolors. It's fully lugged, except for some impeccable fillet brazing around the seatstay bridge and is, from what I gather, built of Reynolds 531 atb tubing. Very clean work throughout.

I am wondering if anyone has fotos of a Croll mountain frame so I can get some idea of where the decals are supposed to be placed. I've looked online and found only one foto of a Croll mountain frame, and it wasn't particularly useful. Surely someone must have one of these, or at least fotos of one.

Any other info/commentary you care to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Mantis, Paramount, Campy

Here

New Moustache Bar Project

I may have more pictures floating around at home.

Any specific questions? Send me a PM
    Last edited by Shayne; 10-02-2008 at 02:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks, Shayne! Do you (or anyone else) have any scans of Croll catalogues from the mid-1990's? Does anyone know how to decipher the serial number on these frames? And, lastly, any ideas for a rigid fork to go with a Croll? My frame did not come with a fork, and I'm unsure whether it was designed for a suspension fork or not. Seller represented it as a '96 model, but serial number is three digits ending in "99." Because it's fully lugged and appears to be exceptionally well made, I think it was built prior to Walter Croll selling his operation. At least, I'm hoping that's the case.