Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

ControlTech Team Issue

11K views 64 replies 19 participants last post by  zygote2k 
#1 ·
I'm currently riding 2) 1996 ControlTech Team Issue bikes. One is set up as Single Speed and other is original 24 spd. If anyone has any info on these bikes, please share it. I've spoken several times with John Castellano and he says there were less than 100 made.
Amazingly enough, I bought one bike from Utah and the other from Washington; both are the same size 20.5" and are separated by one serial number.

Attachments

See less See more
#50 ·
There have been many hoaxes perpetrated by individuals over the last few centuries. They all seem to be true with a few grainy pictures that "prove existence", but when the real light of day is cast upon them, the truth is revealed and it's easily proven for what it really is.
I'd really like it to be true that this is indeed a "factory single-speed", but I have strong doubts as to the validity of it because of the poor quality of the dropout tabs and the fact that they look noticeably different than any CT frame part.
Another strong argument against it is that there were very few, if any, full suspension single speeds made in 1997 on purpose or by accident. Even the Catamount that someone posted was a geared bike, not a single speed.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything because that is a direct violation of the MTBR forum etiquette and is a punishable offense.

Proof is in the pudding (or pictures)
Post 'em up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.