Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006

Control Tech "Team Issue" FSR ???

I don't know if this is the right forum, but you guys are my favorites so you get it. Just picked up a "team issue" Control Tech labeled full suspension bike.It looks alot like a Schwinn "Sweet Spot" late 90's bike but no Schwinn markings that I can find...upon further review, looks like maybe a Catamount. Anyone have any pictures or info on these?. 6061 Easton Elite tubing and the rear triangle has alot of machining around the pivot areas rather than welded tubing. Satin black front and polished rear, mostly XTR equipped, non disk, Rock Shox xtra travel Triple crown fork, ....any ideas ? thanx guys
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stan4bikes; 10-21-2006 at 12:01 PM.
    "I won't sell these for a penny less than $60.00. I'd rather put 'em back on the shelf and keep 'em! "

Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006
    pictures added, hope they help! C'mon guys, somebody knows something about this....thanx
    "I won't sell these for a penny less than $60.00. I'd rather put 'em back on the shelf and keep 'em! "

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Swingarm details are wrong for Schwinn... looks closer to a Catamount to me. In any case, lots of companies did URTs... hell, there was even claims of patent infringement back and forth between klein, catamount and whatshisname who patented the sweetspot pivot zone. Which is all rather comical as he patented a zone that Trimble/OneOffTitanium used for their URT design several years earlier, and had on the market and tested in major magazines before he filed his patent.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

artistic...
    i THINK i saw those in mags but never in shops. i believe control tech had a URT frame.. they built a lot under contract and decided to sell their own bikes. they built a race bike for tomac wasn't it? i saw a test of their hardtail on mountain bike and sometime later saw a reference on their URT frame.
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull