Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    mtbr member

Re: Best Mass Production Vintage Mountain Bikes

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Nice! That definitely qualifies!
    'Tis better to bail and not to hurt, than not to bail and eat much dirt!
    -unknown

マスターの自転車整備士
    Jul 2012
    I'll cast a vote for the Japanese made Miyatas; the Ridge Runner ('84 - '90), Ridge Runner SE ('86 - '87) and Terra Runner ('84 - '88). Both of the Ridge Runners were every bit the equal to the SJ, Mt. Fuji and early Trek 850 in terms of quality, ride and component choice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    As I grew up on Vancouver Island my "vintage" bikes of dreams would be of what was big here. Not mentioned yet but were truly wicked bikes with some neat features like an integrated anti chainsuck plate was Brodie! Their Soveriegn,Catalyst, Expresso were simply awesome. Like the Fat Chance of the West. Dekerf made borderline art from tubing and more mainstream legends Rocky Mountain and Kona were cutting edge as far as geometry and how they equiped their bikes with cool components.
    We also had some awesome local component companies such as Syncros and Race Face who produced made in BC cutting edge parts lusted after the world over.
    Obviously, this is why I choose the early to mid 90s as my favorite MTB era. It was a very exciting time that put BC and North Van on the map as a mountain bike meca,possibly even surpassing California in reputation amongst the hardcore. It was an exciting era that still lives on today.
    Of course,again, this is purely from my perspective and I have the upmost respect for all the industry innovators. I think its cool how there is these 3 basic geographic areas that produced great bikes with their local terrain in mind from Cali to the east coast back to BC, all have their own style,all had legendary bikes worthy of the vintage label IMO>

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by xmessenger View Post
    As I grew up on Vancouver Island my "vintage" bikes of dreams would be of what was big here. Not mentioned yet but were truly wicked bikes with some neat features like an integrated anti chainsuck plate was Brodie! Their Soveriegn,Catalyst, Expresso were simply awesome. Like the Fat Chance of the West. Dekerf made borderline art from tubing and more mainstream legends Rocky Mountain and Kona were cutting edge as far as geometry and how they equiped their bikes with cool components.
    We also had some awesome local component companies such as Syncros and Race Face who produced made in BC cutting edge parts lusted after the world over.
    Obviously, this is why I choose the early to mid 90s as my favorite MTB era. It was a very exciting time that put BC and North Van on the map as a mountain bike meca,possibly even surpassing California in reputation amongst the hardcore. It was an exciting era that still lives on today.
    Of course,again, this is purely from my perspective and I have the upmost respect for all the industry innovators. I think its cool how there is these 3 basic geographic areas that produced great bikes with their local terrain in mind from Cali to the east coast back to BC, all have their own style,all had legendary bikes worthy of the vintage label IMO>
    good post

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7