Thread: Atomic Shock?

mtbr member

Atomic Shock?

Anyone familiar with this fork? Cannot find info anywhere...

Thanks!

Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    If I remember correctly they were elastomer stack shocks. Not bad but I doubt you could find parts. Good bike though. I think that is a king headset.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

mountaingoatcycles.com
    Here is the 24" wheel version. Made by Anti-Gravity.

mtbr member
    Bingo, thats the one!

Funny, upon further research, it appears this fork resurfaces from time to time and First Flight is the common thread with insight.

Thanks!

Benster

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Atomic Shocks

Funny how I came across this post, just did a quick search of Atomic Shocks and here I am.

So, the story of Atomic...

Atomic started as a fork company formerly known as Anti-Gravity. The owner at the time, Don Glatts (sp?), was friends with the guy who made Gravity long boards (skateboards). Don was a customer of my dad's company, Pacific Machine Products, a manufacture of various tools, screws, bolts, etc. based out of Corona at the time. Long story short, my parents took over Anti-Gravity due to circumstances I can either not comment on, nor remember. Thus became the re-branding, Atomic Shocks. For a few years the company made enough to sustain itself, but not enough to further the business long term. So, my parents eventually liquidated everything. To this day, I still have 2 forks, both of which comprise of carbon fiber shafts as opposed to the original aluminum. One of them graces my Mantis frame. Carbon fiber parts were from my dad's friend Greg Berg, from Berg Racing. He also made a few fork shaft protectors. Most of his business though at the time was around motocross applications. He used to be a sponsor of Factory Team Kawasaki back in 1998-99.