mtbr member

Anyone remember the Dampenator??

I found one clean out my garage (yes I was a bit surprised to find it too!).....not sure what to do with now? I had it all taped up to keep all the parts together(dam electrical tape leaves the adhesive residue on everything once it hits halflife!)...and if I remember correctly it was working pretty good when I last used it.... memories anyone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone remember the Dampenator??-damp1.jpg  

Anyone remember the Dampenator??-damp2.jpg  

Anyone remember the Dampenator??-damp3.jpg  

Anyone remember the Dampenator??-damp4.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Seemed like a silly idea to me. I seem to remember a few pro DHers using them back in the day though. Brian Lopes cira Team Mongoose (94-95) sicks in my brain for some reason.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacdykema
    Seemed like a silly idea to me. I seem to remember a few pro DHers using them back in the day though. Brian Lopes cira Team Mongoose (94-95) sicks in my brain for some reason.

Correct....it was I think the summer of '97 or '98 when just about everyone in the pro ranks from nearly every team was sporting the dampenator....course the guys running the deal always had two hot babes in bikinis on each hip

mtbr member
    Question from the uninitiated - what was this supposed to do? I'm trying to visualize where it went - between headset and fork crown?