Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anybody got Bullseye cranks?

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  chruby99 
#1 ·
I am looking for a set of Bullseye MTB cranks in good condition, hopefully 175mm long, and with a compact or standard drive spider. I'd buy them new direct from Bullseye but I don't like the new arm design. Help me out here, people!

#3 ·
#4 ·
Direct from Bullseye

I just talked to Roger a few months ago and from he didn't mention anything about a new design. Nice guy, had a good talk about the old days and new days. I'm not sure what the first poster is referring to about a new arm design. Not that I mean that in a snooty (snotty?) way, just curious if he is using a new design.

I have his number at home and I'll post if for you when I get there.

#5 ·
same cranks

He sells the original cranks, it isn't a new design or anything. He has brand new old stock. He has several different lengths and axle widths to choose from. I imagine he still has hubs in stock, I am not sure.He definately has cranks in stock. I called about 6 months ago looking for bearings.

#7 ·
A few people have said to buy the cranks new. That's something I have thought of doing, but the current design, which has been around as someone mentioned for around 5 years now, and which I referred to as the 'new' design, isn't my thing. The 'new' version has a super beefed-up arm set, and and they look just plain heavy and ugly. Hence my search for the older design.
Tim

#10 ·
Ordering from Bullseye/Roger Durham

I sent off a check to Roger on Oct 14, 2005 and I still haven't received any cranks from him. The check has not been cashed. I've placed about 8 phone call since that time and I've gotten weird responses like "I can't talk to you at this time", "We're behind the eight-ball here", "it's possible we have your check", and "call me back in a couple of days." I can only guess that there are health issues involved, and I have no confidence that I'll see a new pair of cranks. I'd be interested to know if someone else gets an order through or a different story.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.