mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Amp Research F4 BLT fork

It's been awhile since I've posted but yesterday I was going through my old stuff and found an old Amp F4 BLT fork that has been neglected and I want to clean it up and make it like new again.

So if anyone knows where I can get spare parts or better if you have a fork you'd like to sell, that would be amazing. I need new dampers and probably new springs. The ones I have are a bit rusted and has some corrosion from moisture and general years of sitting around.

I want to install the fork on a Ti hardtail and think it would make a good combination for a lightweight XC bike. Any leads would be much appreciated!

mtbr member
    You can try here, ampbikeparts@gmail.com good luck.
    A bike by any other name is still a bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Thanks, I've emailed them but another posting somewhere on mtbr.com is saying they don't service their old mtb stuff anymore. Hope that's not true and they're just slow with email responses.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    did you ever hear back from Amp ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Amp Research F4 BLT fork

Personally I believe that fork is better hanging on the wall as art versus on a bike. I had one & it needed rebuilt about every 1 1/2 months. It is a cool looking lightweight fork.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    We had a dealer here in our town back in Amp's days. You could give them a call and see if they have any parts for it. They are called Two Wheel Drive in Albuquerque, NM.

Contact Information:
    Two Wheel Drive
    1706 Central Ave. SE
    Albuquerque, N.M. 87106
    T. 505 243-8443
    E. bicycles@twowheeldrive.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I did hear back from Amp but they have limited parts now and it's really the last of everything.

I've always had a soft spot for these forks and I'm likely spending more time and money on it than it's worth. Thanks for the contact TBarnaby, I found someone local with a kit of spare parts, no damper though so I'll email them and see if they have anything left over.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I emailed AMP over a month ago and didn't hear back. Damn.

I'm looking for a F1 rebuild kit. I think that's pins and bushings. I'll probably try the above link as it's the last hope for this fork it seems...

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Wow, the F1 is really vintage stuff.

They're pretty slow answering I think mostly because the new owners don't really care about the last remaining bits and pieces of the former bike side of things. Brion does reply to the emails but it may take some time. Hopefully the link sent by TBarnaby has some spare parts. I think this may be the last of any Amp stuff. Otherwise it's Ebay as sellers put out their old stuff for sale. Bikepro seems to have Amp parts as well. They make it seem like you can still buy brand new forks.

BikePro.com / Buyer's Guide / AMP Forks - Bicycle Parts at discount prices / the Buyer's Guide / Bicycle Parts at their finest! / Professional Bicycle Source / Bike Pro

May be worth giving them a try also.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thanks. I am awaiting a response from twowheeldrive (fingers crossed).

BikePro seems to just be a website. Their online ordering is "being upgraded", and their brick and mortar store is out of business. No email, no phone number, nothing...unless I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by almtbwu View Post
    Wow, the F1 is really vintage stuff.

They're pretty slow answering I think mostly because the new owners don't really care about the last remaining bits and pieces of the former bike side of things. Brion does reply to the emails but it may take some time. Hopefully the link sent by TBarnaby has some spare parts. I think this may be the last of any Amp stuff. Otherwise it's Ebay as sellers put out their old stuff for sale. Bikepro seems to have Amp parts as well. They make it seem like you can still buy brand new forks.

BikePro.com / Buyer's Guide / AMP Forks - Bicycle Parts at discount prices / the Buyer's Guide / Bicycle Parts at their finest! / Professional Bicycle Source / Bike Pro

May be worth giving them a try also.