Thread: A10

rismtb
    Dec 2012

A10

I started this project 3 yrs ago, a year after I had my left foot crushed off in a work accident. I was recovering from multiple operations and looking for something to keep whatever moto skills active. A10 I believe to be a 83-84. I bought the frame fork from the rafters at Deep Cove bike shop sometime before 86. I remember ridding that bike for a year or so until I was meeting Syncros first employee for a ride after work. Pippin saw my new Ritchey and said he wanted a bike to test a new hydraulic brake that Magura had sent him. He said I would have to surrender my bike and have the tabs welded on for the calipers. Hmmmmm altering the welding on a new Annapurna???Hmmm It wasn't long to make that decision but I did question it for 1/2 an hour. It wasn't long before I had my bike back and right away started to stop on a dime and crush rims monthly. This first pic is after retrofit with mostly Syncros stuff. I will finish story later. thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A10-img_0251.jpg  

A10-ritchey-anna.jpg  

CS2
    mtbr member
    looks great.
    1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1992 Stumpjumpers. 1995 Waterford 1200, 1999 Waterford RSE, plus a garage full of steel frames.

rismtb
    Dec 2012

A10

My first Ritchey was a "Camaro" as explained in Pippin's words in another forum post. This was my first Ritchey I owned before I acquired A10. I lived beside a guy who worked at a plating factory and he convinced me to chrome the frame. Bad idea, shortly after I had built it up I plowed into a parked car looking at my reflection in the crossbar. Boom I was on the floor seeing stars with a bent wheel,forks,top and downtubes. That was a bad day. Then I was on the hunt for a new better Ritchey.....A10
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A10-ritchey-anna.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files

rismtb
    Dec 2012

A10

So after the Syncros hydro brake retrofit I rode that bike for 4 yrs before I rode/raced for a local bike mfg co and had to ride that brand 24/7. So A10 was sold to a personal friend. Within a week he ran into a curb and buckled the top tube at the head tube. He felt so bad he spent good money on Chris DeKerf to fix it. This is a picture of the bike after it was given back to me. It had a metallic powder coat on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A10-a10.jpg  

mtbr member
    This is good. Don't stop.
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2, or 3. Fillet brazed Ibis Custom. Cunningham Racer. Otis Guy (but not that softride model). That's all I need I don't need anything else... except... except for an old Mountain Goat bar stem combo. And that's all I need. I don't need anything else. Except.....

rismtb
    Dec 2012
    Ha ok, A10 being given back to me was like a son or daughter coming home and I had the time and resources to restore properly. I just needed parts. As indicated the orig fillet fork {that had the matching slotted brake tabs} was destroyed by 2nd owner. Within a few months of hanging on wall and people seeing it in the bike room all the stories came out and who's doing what these days. A fillet fork was offered up quickly but the fillet bull moose bars were a different story. There was some confusion on the actual agreement but after I had them painted, extended, then painted again, oh then there was a huge argument, he said I just LENT them to you? I am sure I hear more after this post. As with all mtb buddies nobody can do wrong. As you can see the bars are old and won't have survived all the riding if they hadn't been cut down short. They came off another Annapurna that won the 84 BLT {bolders,logs & trees} downhill on Cypress mt won by Cove rider Grant Turner. I have included more pics of the light mount. Not sure what year Tom started making the twin strut tubes the same size. The really early ones have smaller struts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A10-img_0131.jpg  

A10-img_0259.jpg  

A10-img_0260.jpg  

A10-img_0147.jpg  

A10-img_0246.jpg  

velocipede technician
    Bummer on losing the faux lugs
    looking for 20-21" P team

rismtb
    Dec 2012
    Ya I didn't have control over that, second owner had Chris DeKerf replace top and down tube after crash. there is one left. I think it is testament how hard/time consuming/expensive it is to shape them. This bike is far from orig. but has had a long eventful life
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A10-img_0149.jpg  

A10-img_0245.jpg  

A10-img_0247.jpg