Thread: '96 IBOC Pro-SX

over researcher

'96 IBOC Pro-SX

I'm thinking of building my old Mongoose IBOC Pro-SX frame into a single speed. When I built the bike in 1997, I put a '97 Judy SL (63mm) fork on it. It was a sweet hard tail back in the day. It came in at 23.5 pounds. Anyway, the '97 Judy SL's axle to crown measurement is about 420 mm to 425 mm. Does anybody know what a to c measurement this frame was designed for?

artistic...
    it was designed for 2.5in of travel... my buddy had one. it craked at the seatcluster.
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

over researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    it was designed for 2.5in of travel... my buddy had one. it craked at the seatcluster.
    Forgive me, I've only been riding since 1993, but what exactly is a seatcluster?

Thanks for the info on the 2.5". It sounds like my 63mm fork, and 420-ish a to c measurement is correct.

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by royta
    Forgive me, I've only been riding since 1993, but what exactly is a seatcluster?

Thanks for the info on the 2.5". It sounds like my 63mm fork, and 420-ish a to c measurement is correct.
    the area where top tube and seatstays attach to seat tube including seattube collar. we used to call it like that in the 1800s and 1700s.
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

over researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    we used to call it like that in the 1800s and 1700s.
    LOL, thanks.

I'd be bummed if I cracked this frame. Of course, it could always get repaired. Nice thing about steel. Remember those carbon fiber Shimano v-brake boosters? I used one on the rear brakes because the seat stays would flex so much when I'd brake.