mtbr member

92 Breezer lightning pro

I have an 1992 Breezer lightning pro, and I managed to source replacement parts up until now. The drivetrain and shifters are finally shot. I'm wondering what I should do to breath new life into it. The current components are Suntour XC pro with a 7 x 3 drivetrain. I'm thinking I hare to replace the rear hub and complete drivetrain and shifters, but aren't modern hubs different spacing??

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by ironbrewer; 11-20-2012 at 05:33 AM. Reason: wrong year

mtbr member
    Or I guess if anybody knows where I could get the correct hub, shifters, cassette, chainrings etc.

VRC Illuminati
    eBay has everything you need.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com

Wanted: 400mm American Classic seatpost, 26.8 & 27.2

mtbr member
    I just added Suntour XC pro top mount shifters and rear 7sp greate guard to my commuter bike. Had a hard time sourcing a Suntour rear Derailleur but a Shimano LX works OK if you route the cable over the top of the fixing bolt. That changes the pull ratio to match the shifters.

It had 8sp under bar Shimano shifters and worked great but I wanted grease guard for the commuter. Hub space is the same but chain line is different for 7sp vs 8sp.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. I figured I'ld post a couple of pics. The paint is a bit rough, but the bike had a bit of a rough life. I bought it new, and road it a lot. The frame has no dents, but the paint is rough. While living in Michigan the bike was stolen. I was driving by a pawn shop about 2 months later and saw it out front. They are very noticeable. I called the cops and they brought it to me about 2 hours later.

They just have such a nice ride.

VRC Illuminati
    Nice to see the original fork and stem still in place. Leave it that way.

You have some options....go all modern drive train, or replace all with matching old/vintage drive train. As long as you're not using low end stuff, even older parts in great condition will work great.

Find a full M950 or M952 grouppo including wheelset. Everything will set in place well and you'll get tons of more mileage out of that bike with a semi-modern drive train that is some of the best stuff Shimano has put out. Its readily available and pretty cost effective.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com

Wanted: 400mm American Classic seatpost, 26.8 & 27.2