mtbr member

1999 rock shox judy DHO

does anyone know if you can get stuff to rebuild these forks anymore or am i up sh!t creek with out a paddle. also can you get spring for them too and if so where?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Try eBay or ask over on the Shocks board, but if they're DHOs don't they date to earlier than '99/ if they're '99 are they not Boxxers?

Safe
    DHOs were 1997 only.
    IIRC some bits were common with Judys.
    If you're in the UK TFTuned has a LOT of RS stuff...at a price.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WATTO
    does anyone know if you can get stuff to rebuild these forks anymore or am i up sh!t creek with out a paddle. also can you get spring for them too and if so where?
    Have you tried Hippie Tech? hippiesuspension.com

mtbr member
    yeah i didnt really know what year they were. i havnt looked at them in like 2 years

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!

Bzzzzzt! Wrong, but thanks for playing....

Quote Originally Posted by rutteger
    DHOs were 1997 only.

The DHO model was produced into mid-98 and still be sold new in 1999. There are distinct differences between the 1997 and 1998 or later versions, the 1997 had 4" travel and rim-brake mounts only. The 1998+ had 4.5" travel and had both rim brake and rockshox's then new disc mount (which later became the industry standard 51mm mount).
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Safe
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    The DHO model was produced into mid-98 and still be sold new in 1999.
    Fair enough, I was only going off the 99 RS spare parts catalogue and my hazy memory. DHO is only listed for 1997

Worked for the UK importers (admittedly as a lowly mechanic) from 98-99. I don't recall seeing any new DHOs brought over in this time.

Interestingly enough both the RS catalog and BikePro shows the 97 fork with disk mounts.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    They were very poor sellers. Pricepoint was clearing them out (the 4.5" travel version) a few years ago for about $200US a fork as I recall brand new. There was a string of posts on here about the time of people asking if they were worth buying.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread