1996 Cannondale Killer V 500-Conversion to single speed 26” BMX Cruiser
I am a massive Made in USA Cannondale frame fan. I have always wanted to take the Killer V frame from Cannondale and covert it into a 26" BMX Cruiser. It took me 2 years to find the right frame in a XL in the right color.
I am too "ADD" to take the time to document the crazy amount of thought, research & detail I get into on my builds. So, I won't give you the boring play by play, but I will share the final result. My biggest challenge was researching and finding a fork that didn't jack up the geometry of this exceptionally cool and one of a kind frame............
Super fun project & Awesome ride.....
1996 Killer V Frame (factory paint) Size XL 22” & P-Bone Fork (original rigid fork replaced with SE fork) w/ Nuke Proof Headset
- Wheels – Sun Rhino Lite XL 36 hole 26” Black
- Tires Kenda K-Rad 26 x 2.35
- Skewers- Halo Racing Downhill Bolt-Ons
- SE Racing Landing Gear CroMo 700c Fork (413 mm crown to axle, stock P-Bone was 400mm)
- Stem: S&M Race XLT 57mm- Salsa Blue Anodized Stem Cap
- Bars: S&M 5.75 Cruiser Slam Race Bar
- Grips – OURY Traditional Orange
- Chain Wheel – Profile Racing Imperial 33T Blue Anodized
- Cranks – Redline Monster 175mm
- Bottom Bracket – Redline Euro 19mm
- Pedals- Speedplay Drillium
- Chain Tensioner: Origin8
- Chain: 1/8” KMC Z510NP Nickle Plated
- Single Speed conversion kit: Surly 17T
- Seat Clamp – Salsa Blue Anodized
- Seatpost- Blue Anodized Origin8 Zoom
- Saddle – WTB Speed V
- Brake – Paul Comp Motolite BMX V-Brake
w/ KoolStop Pads – Blue Anodized
Paul Comp Love Lever V-Brake – Blue Anodized
Brake Cable Housing Blue: Clark
Brake Cable End Crimp Color: Blue Anodized: Clark
-Tube Stem Caps- Schrader Anodized Blue
Original catalog picture....