mtbr member
    Aug 2008

1994 Giant ATX 890

So, in my quest to find my first real mtn bike, it has been almost 18 years since I've rode or seen my first bike. After regretting selling it to a friend of mine many years ago, my quest has finally ended on a positive note. I searched just about every week for the past 5 years to find it, and 3 days ago I searched it again and ran across it on Ebay. And I was pleased to find out the starting bid was 95. But had me worried a day later 2 people were bidding on it already, but it was only to 100 bucks. I watched it religiously to find out how much someone else wanted my bike. With 5 minutes left I saw it was still at 100 but I wasn't going to get beat out at the last minute so I swooped in with 28 seconds left I bid 190 to seal the deal. I was in complete bliss when it ended and I had won it for 102!! So now the finaly part of my quest has begun. Looking for parts that were on the bike when I had it. Since I don't have the bike in hand(I won it last night) I have a couple questions for some Giant heads?

1. Not sure yet if Im going single speed or gears.....does anyone know the size bottom bracket I would need for it???

2. I know the bike came with shimano xt components

3. is there any way I could put disc brakes on it? and if I could how so?

4. any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
    Quote Originally Posted by redwing24 View Post
    I have a couple questions for some Giant heads?

]

I think Chris Chance and the Headshock guy are the only giant heads in VRC-land...unfortunately, they probably won't be much help with your ATX

Glad your excited...nothing like your first "real" bike

Steve

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks.

REALLY?
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."