VRC Illuminati

1990 UCI World Champ's Bikes (big pics)

I've been meaning to scan this one for a while....and I can't let 2MP have all the fun.
    I'm posting pics of the first two pages, then links to all the rest because of the size of the pictures. I left them big so that all could benefit.MBA March 1991. A review of all the bikes used to win the Worlds. Ned, Greg, Julie, Cindy...

Ned's Epic 1
    Ned's Epic 2
    Ned's Epic 3
    Ned's Epic 4
    Ned's Epic 5
    Ned's Epic 6

Cindy's Klein 1
    Cindy's Klein 2
    Cindy's Klein 3

Julie's Yeti 1
    Julie's Yeti 2
    Julie's Yeti 3

Greg's Miyata 1
    Greg's Miyata 2
    Greg's Miyata 3
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

Retro scan/post troll
    Nov 2004

Looks like...

you were scannig/posting these at the same time I was doing the '89 Yeti c-26 prototype.. I like the way you are able to link those pages.. I'd do that for all my articles in a New York minute if I could and/or knew how..... Keep it up ..... also, i recently posted an article on the 1988 Stumpy Epic (carbon) down in the "manufacter" forum (Specialized thread)..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ManyPlaces
    you were scannig/posting these at the same time I was doing the '89 Yeti c-26 prototype.. I like the way you are able to link those pages.. I'd do that for all my articles in a New York minute if I could and/or knew how..... Keep it up ..... also, i recently posted an article on the 1988 Stumpy Epic (carbon) down in the "manufacter" forum (Specialized thread)..
    2ManyPlaces,

Rumpfy posted the URL's between for the pics and used the 'Insert Hyperlink' button above for a sohisticated hyperlink with text.

The advantage from using the over the method you used until recently is that it enables you to post a whole article in only one post. Besides this it enables other people to copy/paste the URL's to elsewhere by using the Quote buttons. URL's won't be there with your method.

Rumpfy opts for MTBR for uploading pics. I opt for http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we...ing/upload.asp because its Hyperlinks can be used elsewhere.

I manipulate my scans with PictureIt.

@Rumpfy

I can't express how happy I am with the H-Ball RidgeRunner scan.
    Last edited by Elevation12,000; 01-03-2005 at 04:02 AM.
    CU @ OWMTBC 2010

mtbr member
    Not THE Tomac worksbike, but very similar:

MBA Nov92

Ad for the Tomac Raleigh:
    Last edited by Elevation12,000; 01-03-2005 at 04:45 AM.
    CU @ OWMTBC 2010

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ManyPlaces
    Melvin is spot on with his info.
    When you are typing a post, you'll see the image and link icons at the top of your text box.
    To post several image in one post like both Mel and I have done, use this guy:

To post the link only use this icon (typing your text in the first prompt, then the url in the second:
    -eric-

Illuminati

We the people ...

thanks eric!

sweet

UK Biker

Nice!

very slightly before my time (about a year) but very nice.

That Yeti C-26s were sweet!

Fluff

Illuminati

We the people ...

Can anyone tell me what kind of cable hanger is on the back of neds epic? I need 1 exactly like it Does the hanger fit between the gaps of the seat colar? (as the gap is pretty narrow, or does it bolt on from the side?

eric did the frame come with one? put the speed controllers on the back last night, looks nice

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by scant
    Can anyone tell me what kind of cable hanger is on the back of neds epic? I need 1 exactly like it Does the hanger fit between the gaps of the seat colar? (as the gap is pretty narrow, or does it bolt on from the side?

eric did the frame come with one? put the speed controllers on the back last night, looks nice
    Didn't have one when I bought it...Black XT Canti's, no hanger like the one you speak of.
    -eric-

Illuminati

We the people ...

no worries mate

can anyone else help me please

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scant

Those are pretty common. I think Dia Compe made em. They fit on both sides of the pinch bolt bosses. Dont think Ive seen one in black though.

I cant really tell from the pics, and also dont know the Epic frame enough, but he might even have one of those types that fits in the middle of the pinch bolt.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillet-brazed
    Those are pretty common. I think Dia Compe made em. They fit on both sides of the pinch bolt bosses. Dont think Ive seen one in black though.

I cant really tell from the pics, and also dont know the Epic frame enough, but he might even have one of those types that fits in the middle of the pinch bolt.
    Yeah, that was a Dia-Compe. They were steel so all I've seen are chromed. I don't see them in QBP's offereings any longer - there's a different version. Check with cyclocross supply companies. They are still used on many cross frames. Actually just found the beast at cyclocrossworld.com http://www.store.yahoo.com/cyclocros...comrearca.html It may look black in the photo, but it's chrome.

Illuminati

We the people ...

many thanks guys!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

1992 UCI World Champ's Bikes

rascal with campa
    Attached Images Attached Images

Illuminati

We the people ...

nice pics

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Any '91 pics? or link to video?
    Deport outsourced bikes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I think I had that issue... I have a couple of Winning magazines from 1987, there is nice coverage of that season's NORBA championship, I've been meaning to scan for you lot. This serves as nice motivation to get it done.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

he won Nats

Masters in cx a few years back with piss poor (by Nat Champs) cx skills 2006 I think

was fun to watch the lung in Action

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 446670h
    Any '91 pics? or link to video?
    If I dug around I could find a few instamatic blurry pictures of the racers flying by us in the woods outside of of Lucca. That and a few pictures of the local mushroom pickers who were busy gathering their little morsels. Unconcerned that the best mtn bikers of the time were invading their little part of the world.

I think that was 91, or maybe 92.