Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1988 Trimble CarbonCross article.....

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  AteMrYeats 
#1 · (Edited)
from the July 1988 issue of MBAction.... Wish I had this puppy hanging on my living room wall.... Part 4 came out back-azzwards.. Start at the bottom of the post and read your way UP..... Sorry, but I couldn't get it to align correctly....

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
2ManyPlaces said:
from the July 1988 issue of MBAction.... Wish I had this puppy hanging on my living room wall.... Part 4 came out back-azzwards.. Start at the bottom of the post and read your way UP..... Sorry, but I couldn't get it to align correctly....
Hehe, that's funny. I was going to write before... I have it hanging on my living room wall. The magazine that is.

Here's a current day pic of the bike in that test issue. It resides safely with it's creator, and it's not going anywhere any time soon. Trust me, I tried.

Attachments

#8 ·
I was looking for something .....

else when I noticed the Trimble on the cover.. This same issue also has a write-up on the Brodie Romax and Specialized Stumpjumper Epic (carbon fiber)..... I may scan/post one/both of them in a few days.... All the cropping is gettin' kind of old though.. Oh well, for now I'll keep posting articles.... Short days.. Long nights.... No life...

#13 ·
2ManyPlaces said:
just a pic from the MBA Oct.1990 issue... Does anyone even remember trials bikes... I saw a pic of a late 80's Yeti trials bike,too ...no seat post (hole).. too cool......
Some of us remember trials quite well, and are actually still quite involved with it. It's more popular than ever actually. Here's a modern day bike.

Attachments

#14 ·
cool! as luck has it, i have both that magazine AND a trimble frame kicking around. that original (non triangulated bb) version must have been pretty noodly - the production frame is a flexy flyer as it is. that magazine brings back some memories for sure. paul brodie built some sweet frames back in the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.