mtbr member
    Oct 2006

1978 JU6 PK. Ripper

hello out there I was wanting to know if anyone knows anything about the JU6 PK. Ripper. if anyone has a picture of one and does it have a gusset on it or not thanks manny

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    help me find out about a 1978 JU6 PK. ripper

~~~~~~~~
    have you tried vintagebmx.com ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    The PK Ripper was SE Racings' signature model for Perry Kramer.
    The JU6 is a bit older (1978-ish), and I would think its much more rare. JU stands for Jeff Utterback; I can't remember what the 6 stood for. I bought one from some kid in my neighborhood back around 1981 thinking it was a PK Ripper.

I already rode that
    I had a PK Ripper but forget what year it was or if it had a gusset. I remember stripping the paint off it and polishing it up and it looked sweet.
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksher
    The PK Ripper was SE Racings' signature model for Perry Kramer.
    The JU6 is a bit older (1978-ish), and I would think its much more rare. JU stands for Jeff Utterback; I can't remember what the 6 stood for. I bought one from some kid in my neighborhood back around 1981 thinking it was a PK Ripper.
    The 6 stood for the fact that Jeff Utterback was ranked national #6 at the time. He posts at vintagebmx.com, so you could ask him about it directly if you wanted to.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by manny23
    hello out there I was wanting to know if anyone knows anything about the JU6 PK. Ripper. if anyone has a picture of one and does it have a gusset on it or not thanks manny
    Airwreck's suggestion of check the vintagebmx.com site is the way to go. Click on the forum search and enter, My JU6 is finally complete!!! and you will find a recent posting by former SE Factory rider Brain Hays showing his beautifully restored JU-6.
    FYI, the JU-6 had no headtube gusset. When Jeff Utterback left SE to race for GJS, a company started by him (the J) his dad George (the G), and his brother Scotty (the S), SE changed the name of the frame to the P.K. Ripper and added the gusset.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

JU6 1978 PK. Ripper

I tried vinagebmx.com but since I'm not a member it won't show me any thing.I'm trying to sell a frame and fork on ebay.if anyone out there can go an look at the pictures that our on there,and let me know if it's a 1978 JU6 PK. Ripper.I was told years ago when I bought it thats what is was.and one person saw it and said it wasn't a JU6 because it had a gusset on it.please help me thank you manny

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Well...the vintagebmx.com does not prevent non-members from viewing, so I'm not sure what the problem you are having is, (oops, my apologies...I forgot that they recently changed things to require membership)... but anyway, can you post a picture of your frame? I can tell you if it is a JU-6 or a P.K.Ripper if i see it. As I said in my earlier posts, no gusset equals JU-6, gusset equals P.K. Ripper...you keep saying "JU-6 PK Ripper" as if they are one and the same. They are not. I'm not trying to be snotty, just trying to help you identify what you have, as it could potentially be pretty darn valuble.
    Last edited by Iamwarthog; 10-26-2006 at 10:57 AM.

mtbr member
    I think the JU6 has a round top tube. If it has a floval top tube but no gusset, it could be a Greg Hill Flyer, BDIII, DBIV(derek brown model). All are a little smaller than a pk ripper, pre-mini ripper.
    Wanted:Nothing. I have too much.

mtbr member
    Just saw it on ebay. Round top tube. Dead giveaway.
    Wanted:Nothing. I have too much.

VRC Illuminati
    So you come to a mountain bike forum asking about a BMX bike...then ask us to go over to vintagebmx.com to get pictures for you (because you're too lazy to register yourself?) so that you can sell it on eBay?

Classy.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com

Wanted: Syncros 27.2 x 425 seatpost

VRC Illuminati
    I'm not a member there and I can see they already have a thread about you and your sh!t is already up on eBay.

This thread is over.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com

Wanted: Syncros 27.2 x 425 seatpost