mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Who uses a handlebar mount?

I was wondering if anyone using a handlebar mount could provide some feedback on if you're able to achieve image stabilization while going over bumpy trails. Also, does a more expensive camera = better image stabilization?
    Granny gear lover

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by John K. View Post
    I was wondering if anyone using a handlebar mount could provide some feedback on if you're able to achieve image stabilization while going over bumpy trails. Also, does a more expensive camera = better image stabilization?
    I don't like the handlebar view because every twitch/movement/turn of the bars causes the camera to move. Makes me sick.
    When it's on my helmet i'm always thinking "ride smooth" and try not turn my head much. It's actually pretty hard to just move your eyes when you are going through rough terrain.
    I mount anywhere but the handle bar: down/top/head tube, seat post.

As for image stabilization-I don't think any of the POV cameras have that and you are talking big bucks for it. (Not real familiar with vio though-maybe the Launch guys can give an opinion)
    Last edited by muddywings; 10-22-2011 at 08:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    from my experiance dont bother with bar mounted,,,, it gets to shakey and cause the feeling of motion sickness when you watch your footage..... maybe try frame mounting the camera...
    it depends on the trail that your riding. if its quite smooth and you lean the bike and twist your hips then bar mount will work, if its a pedaling trail and your constantly turning your bars then its gonna be shakey and crap.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I recentley ordered the XL Contour bar mount. Judging by all of the negativity about bar mounting, have any of used the oversize bar mount on other parts of the bike like the frame, seatpost etc? If so how did the bar mount work on other locations, wondering if I wasted my money?