Thread: Vio pov

mtbr member

Vio pov

Well after much debating Ive bought a 2nd hand VIO POV 1.5 as the price was right and it means I have a small video head with seperate recording unit.

Having had a play with it it sets up and records easily so Im looking forwards to playing with it over the next few months.

What Im struggling with is how to get the video & audio off the unit and into Vegas 9 or something similar.

Anyone out there use the VIO's and can give a new user a bit of advice?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Update for anyone who does get the Vio.
    Vegas 9 is not the idea software solution as the files from the Vio are AVI with sound. and theres problems with V9 as it wont split the file.
    Ive been able to get it into Pinnicle and also Adobe Premiere Elements so problem solved.
    Time to start shooting :0)

sore member
    I had problems editing the VIO POV 1.5 video in Vegas 9 too. Sound wouldn't import, project would crash, project was slow to open, and transitions between subclips rendered really bad.

If you still want to use Vegas 9 to edit and don't care about the audio so much, you can run the video though VirtualDub (open source, free software), remove the audio, and save as an uncompressed AVI. The resulting files should work just fine with Vegas 9

Cheers,

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    my brother has both vio pov 1.5 and a pov hd..... he uses final cut for his editing needs,,, before he got a mac he used powerdirector9 it was ok, though his laptop struggled to cope with the demands of highdef, hence the move over to mac.
    the pov 1.5 is a great little camera,,, and we got some great vids with it... but i have to say the pov hd is much better, unfortunatly due to col injuring himself on our last whistler trip lol he didnt get to use the pov hd much, but what little vid he did shoot was very good quality..
    god luck with your pov and your software,,, i lookforward to seeing some of your vids soon.