mtbr member

video from trip to kingdom last weekend, playing more an more with powerdirector9

video from kingdom trip last weekend... let me know what ya think!

manchvegas1's Channel - YouTube
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

g3h6o3
    I think I really want to go. I didn't visit KT once this year and this video makes me sad. Now that I live further up north it's a 6 hour drive, not a spot we hit for a day anymore.
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

mtbr member
    bummer, I'm just about 2 hours away, it's a long day of riding, but a good one!
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Nice I never knew this place existed, I go to West Charleston , VT every year to hunt with family friends. I just got back from there today I was helping around there farm and scouting. I need to check this place out it looks amazing and I damn near pass it going to the farm.

Look out!
    Good quality video, the only ding for me was in the first downhill run the camel back drinking tube kept distracting me when it flopped in and out of the picture. Looked like a lot of fun though.
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    I use alot of the enhancement features, and to white calibrations on each frame, etc... raw gopro footage is not that great... Yea, the drink tube is my buddy with the camera I was actually the guy in front of him, on the bright yellow mojo.
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Nice footage...I need to get there one day.

Some questions....

What mode did you shoot in on the GoPro?

What file format and settings did you output the footage to from Powerdirector? I'm using Powerdirector 9 the trial version and I seem to get better results using Windows Live Movie Maker.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbobyjr View Post
    Nice footage...I need to get there one day.

Some questions....

What mode did you shoot in on the GoPro?

What file format and settings did you output the footage to from Powerdirector? I'm using Powerdirector 9 the trial version and I seem to get better results using Windows Live Movie Maker.
    I record in the 960p 270 degree tall format, I also record upside down most of the time in the chest mount. The features I use for each clip is as follows... white calibration, image stabilizer (not more than 50% cuz it shrinks the frame), that particular video I played with the "sharpness" and set to 75. I did a bunch of other things, like flipping the video as mentioned before. Color I usually leave alone unless I want a different effect, I find the white calibration and sharpness brings out the natural color, then I just render to an AVI file, or just straight up to youtube. I have played around different formats to render to but found it was mostly my editing that changed the outcome, not what format I rendered to. I suppose someday I will take a short clip and render to each format and see the differences if any (probably not noticable on a regular comuter screen). This is my third time using powerdirector 9 ultra, an I like the results so far..... are you getting better results with window movie maker than my video? If so I may have to try it....
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Thanks for that info!

The only test I did with Powerdirector...the file came out worse than the Windows Movie Maker file...but I really don't remember what I chose. I didn't play around with the enhancements like you did.

I also use the chest mount and shoot upside down but I shoot in r3 which is 1280x720 and has a wider viewing angle.

I'm going to play around with Powerdirector more trying some of your suggestions. Your video just seems to pop more than what I recorded so far. Then again...I recorded in Delaware (White Clay)...maybe Vermont is just more 'colorful'.

mtbr member
    Here is a little test I did...best viewed in 720p

To me it looks better than the stock footage I recorded from the GoPro.

What do you think manchvegas? I used the setting you suggested and tweaked it to i though it looked pretty nice.

mtbr member
    looks pretty good. It's very hard with the gopro I've found on sunny days. I find I get way better footage on a cloudy day. For some reason the go pro has a hard time adjusting quick enough from shady areas to sunny areas. If you go into "fix/enhance" tab, you can do your enhancements, an down on the left there is a button to click that says "view changes in split screen" That feature helps me alot acheive the desired effect I'm looking for, and see how much better it is than the stock footage.
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp