Thread: Video Camera

mtbr member

Video Camera

Birthday is coming up and I have been told to look into a video camera. I don't need anything fancy. I would like 1080p though. I plan on attaching it to the handlebars,etc. Price of around $200.Not sure if they come with mounts for that purpose or if I should get one for it.Recommendations will be appreciated. I though I saw a roundup of a few,but can't find it now?
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

mtbr member
    There are a number of threads on here about which camera. A recent thread on the passion board was this...Go Pro Cameras

Another comparison thread: Go-Pro or Contour Cam

I really like my GoPro. It has been a great camera and I would really consider the HD Hero 2 if I needed another camera. Good luck finding what you're looking for.

Side note: the GoPro HD Hero 2 may be out of your price range. It is $299. But you could probably find a the HD Hero for close to $200. And if you want the handlebar mount or chest mount you will need to buy those separate.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    what exactly do you mean when you say video camera!...
    do you mean point and shoot camera like sanyo xacti,, or other small hand held camcorders,
    or do you mean a pov (point of view camera, or helmet cam) such as go pro or contour,,,

there are lots of great cameras out there now, all as good as each other all offering unique feature of their own, and all probably come with their own bad points, only you yourself know what you want from the camera, so do a bit of research to be sure you get whats right for you.

one word of advice from me, dont bother with bar mounted option, it doesnt work, its to shakey and makes the viewers feel sick.

mtbr member
    I picked up a contour roam from a guy at the LBS for cheap. I also got the flex strap from him. It was about a week old and he just decided to get a different one.Should work for what I need it to do.
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)