mtbr member

Uploading Go Pro Vids

I have a go pro...and when I first got it...I took a few very short videos (25 seconds) and was able to upload it on FB...now I take longer videos anywhere from 2-5 mins and it won't upload to FB, Vimeo or youtube...is the file too large or something?..Ive converted it to MP4 and AVI and neither one will upload..Im pretty new at this so I was wondering what I might be doing wrong...thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    I've uploaded a ~14min(850MB) vid raw from a gopro to youtube, took a pretty long time and several attempts though. Never had a problem with 3-5min vids on youtube. Don't think FB is good for that anyway.

mtbr member

Interesting…

I’ve uploaded really large video (1.1G) to youtube. I don't think size is the issue although I have a fast broadband connection… once there, I share it from youtube to FB rather then trying to upload to FB. Keeping it on youtube allows me to see how many people viewed it, where they are and from where they linked to it from… which I don't think you get with FB... anyway...

Maybe you had a license issue with the music you picked? I once created a video with some Van Halen music as the background. I actually tried loading to FB first back then. I was surprised that their software identified the music immediately and refused to post… Youtube identified the music and muted it… Do you get an email from youtube with an explanation (it may be in your junk or spam folder)?

Also – I tried uploading yesterday and their site was down for a while…

mtbr member
    I dunno what I am doing wrong...Ive tried converting new vids and even that isnt working out real well...maybe I need some new software (adobe movie maker?) or something like that?...I didnt have any music with the vids I make.

mtbr member
    If you can launch your mp4 or avi files and view the video fine on your computer then I'd guess that you don't need new video editing software...at least not to create a file to view. If you're uploading via editing sw, try taking the avi file that you can view on your computer and upload that to youtube directly. These steps are to help narrow down wether you have a problem creating a proper .avi file or if you have a problem connecting to your account on youtube or FB through your sw...