mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Trying to get a good video under 5 minutes is challenging

for me anyway.

Put a few clips together from the out and back to RockLedge Park from the east side loop at NorthShore Grapevine Lake Flower Mound TX.

Funny Trail Zombies at the end... Their ear buds were louder than my calling out "rider coming" / "excuse me" ... blows me away... _then_ they act scared or shocked......

I'll get this GoPro figured out

gnewcomer aka OldMtnGoat

https://vimeo.com/71181156

2006 Yeti AS-X
    It can be challenging as some trails are so full of great features that you have to pick which to have in and which to leave out. Then you have to work the flow into the video as well. It can be pretty time consuming but the great videos usually are those that the author takes their time into editing.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

newb
    Jun 2013
    Looks like a cool trail. I used to live near Flower Mound in Frisco.

Nice edit overall, but there are tons of opportunities to cut and make it shorter.

For example, from 40s - 54s there isn't really anything happening. You've already passed the most interesting section of trail, so why not cut it? I think you'll be a lot happier with the edit if it jumps from exciting section of trail to new angle of you passing camera (currently at 54s).

Just keep it fresh and interesting. If something feels like it's dragging, just cut it and see if you miss watching it. Hope that helps. Keep posting em up!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Your cuts are way too long. There are exceptions but, generally, you only want 3-5 seconds of one viewpoint before a cut. Focus on cutting on the action as well and your edits will look much more dynamic. Also, shoot at 2.7k and learn how to use ken burns effects for those static wide shots you're getting--have the camera follow you. And get rid of those distracting transitions...stick with fades until you get it down then you can tart playing with wipes and all that later.

Not a bad start though! Keep it up!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Trail Zombies were probably just as scared as you. You missed your turn at 3:56 here's a link for you Dallas Off Road Bicycle Association. Very nice video now go get some of that 22.5 miles of official trail !!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    wow, rt4x4, I've never noticed that before... Dooh! I'll have to check out that exit next time I get out that way. kinda of a bummer tho.. it took me a while to master getting up and over those rocks at the end there. (c:

And to you guys, posting... thanks for ideas / suggestions

gnewcomer aka OldMtnGoat

mtbr member
    May 2012

Re: Trying to get a good video under 5 minutes is challenging

You can park at Madd shelter for free hope you can get some good video posted of west side which has plenty of the rocky tech stuff we like !

Sent from my DROID RAZR

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    RT4X4 Yes, Always, park at the Madd Shelter. The west side is my favorite as well. Considerably tougher than the east side. I do have a few videos posted of the out and back to TwinCoves rd. and the West Side Long Loop on vimeo as well as youtube with some pretty good action in the technical sections.
    I've been trying to time it just right to get the best lighting out around the Rock Ledge Park area to bring out the colors in the rocks. I got some great stills that afternoon. So I've been riding the west side short loop from Madd Shelter, then the east side long loop, by that time the sun is in the perfect spot in the sky for the best shots / video. (c:

gnewcomer aka OldMtnGoat