mtbr member

Top tube mount for GoPro

Has anyone ever used one? If so, what do you mount it with and how do you keep it from hitting the cables? I've seen videos on YouTube with them and they look pretty cool. Thanks!

banned
    Dec 2011
    Don't do it.

Save the internet from even more craptastic POV MTB video.

mtbr member
    Thanks for your input, but you didn't answer my question.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub_lime View Post
    Don't do it.

Will you please stop "sharing your wonderful insights" with everyone? If you really don't like anybody's videos, just don't watch them.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffGabriel View Post
    Has anyone ever used one? If so, what do you mount it with and how do you keep it from hitting the cables? I've seen videos on YouTube with them and they look pretty cool. Thanks!
    Do you like your testicles the way they are right now? If not, then the top tube mount is a wonderful wonderful idea.

If you insist on trying use the seatpost mount which astoundingly enough - can be used to clamp to round tubes.
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

banned
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by neongreen View Post
    Will you please stop "sharing your wonderful insights" with everyone? If you really don't like anybody's videos, just don't watch them.
    Where did I post that I "don't like anybody's videos"?

Answer: I didn't, that's just you being hurt because you posted a really sucky video.

p.,s. If you really don't like my truthful comments, just don't read them.

mtbr member
    Where did I post that I "don't like anybody's videos"?

Answer: I didn't, that's just you being hurt because you posted a really sucky video.

p.,s. If you really don't like my truthful comments, just don't read them.
    I asked for feedback, you didn't give any. He asked for a question and you basically told him to not make videos. So get off your high horse and give useful feedback and honest useful answers.

banned
    Dec 2011
    I asked for feedback, you didn't give any. .
    Grab yourself a tissue already!

I He asked for a question and you basically told him to not make videos.
    That's a lie and apparently is a product of your wounded pride.

Please find someone who can help you understand my truthful post about POV top tube video.

God luck!

mtbr member
    ?? Sounds to me like you are saying don't make a POV video. Which is what it seems his intention was.

Thankfully there are other posters who are willing to help those of us not as awesome as you. carry on being an ass wipe, every forum needs one.

banned
    Dec 2011
    ?? Sounds to me like you are saying don't make a POV video. Which is what it seems his intention was.

Thankfully there are other posters who are willing to help those of us not as awesome as you. carry on being an ass wipe, every forum needs one.
    Your reading comprehension sucks just as much, if not more than, the video that you posted.

Grab another tissue already crybaby!

mtbr member
    A lot of trolling going on here.

I use the GoPro Rollbar mount and it works fine for me. I can mount it to the toptube, downtube, seatpost, and handlebars of a Santa Cruz Chameleon. I might be able to get it on a fork leg, seat tube, or chainstay, but the mounting screws are really long and close to the wheel. I am afraid if the mount shifts at all that it will be sucked into the wheel making for a bad day.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidchicken View Post
    A lot of trolling going on here.

I use the GoPro Rollbar mount and it works fine for me. I can mount it to the toptube, downtube, seatpost, and handlebars of a Santa Cruz Chameleon. I might be able to get it on a fork leg, seat tube, or chainstay, but the mounting screws are really long and close to the wheel. I am afraid if the mount shifts at all that it will be sucked into the wheel making for a bad day.
    Thanks for the solid answer! I was thinking about purchasing a rollbar mount to do this. As far as the screws go, you could always trim them down with a dremel or something. I think I'll try the seatpost mount first and see how that works. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the solid answer! I was thinking about purchasing a rollbar mount to do this. As far as the screws go, you could always trim them down with a dremel or something. I think I'll try the seatpost mount first and see how that works. Thanks!
    It isn't really the screws so much as the plastic finger grips that attach to the screws. I guess you could use the screws without the plastic pieces if you carry a screwdriver. Just be careful not to overtighten. I did that once and lost a perfectly good mount.

mtbr member
    Here are a couple pics of how I mount it. Yeah, that's a GoPro mount on the Roomba.

tep
    urbantrailridingroadie
    Feb 2004

here is another mount you can try. you will need the GoPro tripod mount if you use it.

the other good thing is, it doesn't matter how big our small in diameter the tube you are mounting it to.............all you need is a bigger/smaller hose clamp to fit around the tube.

and it rotates almost 360 degrees!!

hope it helps,
    -tep

RAM Mount Camera Plate Strap Mount RAM-B-108-C1U, RAM-B-108-C1U

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tep View Post
    here is another mount you can try. you will need the GoPro tripod mount if you use it.

the other good thing is, it doesn't matter how big our small in diameter the tube you are mounting it to.............all you need is a bigger/smaller hose clamp to fit around the tube.

and it rotates almost 360 degrees!!

hope it helps,
    -tep

RAM Mount Camera Plate Strap Mount RAM-B-108-C1U, RAM-B-108-C1U

Hey, thanks! I actually just ended up buying a 'chesty'. The videos turn out pretty good with this thing!

mtbr member
    Hey, thanks! I actually just ended up buying a 'chesty'. The videos turn out pretty good with this thing!
    Before you know it you will have the helmet mount, wrist mount, roll bar mount, handle bar mount, tripod mount, and on and on... I have just about every mount except the motorsport and surf mounts.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I have every mount except the roll bar mount. The Chesty is awesome, you just need to get the camera angle right while in the riding position. Haven't bought the surf mount yet for bodyboarding. Doing some research into the best option for my next surf trip to Cal.

mtbr member
    I love the chesty! I've had a few rides with it already and I'm glad I bought it. Here's a short with it...

First fall of 2012! - YouTube