Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Reputation: thomllama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,029

    testing green screen in iMovie

    soo IMovie does green screen. had to give it a test over a quick clip ..
    build the text fast in Carrara 3D software, imported into iMovie and poof!! it seems to work!!

    green screen test
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

  2. #2
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18
    Not green screen, that's alpha composting.

    If it were green screen you would have set up a green screen, shot action in front of it, and then cut out the green screen via channel manipulation.

    Also, that titling is really bad. Focus more on capturing interesting bike video and less on cheesy 80's porno-esque titling.

  3. #3
    Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Reputation: thomllama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,029
    Quote Originally Posted by the one percent View Post
    Not green screen, that's alpha composting.

    If it were green screen you would have set up a green screen, shot action in front of it, and then cut out the green screen via channel manipulation.

    Also, that titling is really bad. Focus more on capturing interesting bike video and less on cheesy 80's porno-esque titling.
    It was a quick test. And "clip less pedals" aren't actually clipless but everyone calls them that don't they? Dude. Get a life
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    It was a quick test. And "clip less pedals" aren't actually clipless but everyone calls them that don't they? Dude. Get a life
    ???

    I'm sorry that you're apparently butt hurt by my comments.

    I do have a great life, dude! Thanks for your concern.

    Having a great life does not preclude me from commenting on the really bad titling and your lack of understanding about what "green screen" means though.

    Dude.

  5. #5
    Frequent Crasher
    Reputation: SuperBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by the one percent View Post
    that's alpha composting.
    Thom, Keep experimenting. Your videos will get better and better. "The one percent" is just here to compost on peoples threads.

    BTW mr. expert it is Alpha Compositing.
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel now,
    Someone please tell me it's not a train.
    -Cracker

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBad View Post
    Thom, Keep experimenting. Your videos will get better and better. "The one percent" is just here to compost on peoples threads.

    BTW mr. expert it is Alpha Compositing.
    LOL.

    Keep on carrying that ruggeed camera ina padded case in your trunk so it doesn't get messed up before you get to the trail!

    The fear is VERY strong in you.

  7. #7
    Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Reputation: thomllama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,029
    Quote Originally Posted by the one percent View Post
    ???
    Having a great life does not preclude me from commenting on the really bad titling and your lack of understanding about what "green screen" means though.

    Dude.
    soo you're just one of those that has to have things spelled out for you... OK.. here I'll explain it to you ...

    I called it, and will continue to call it green screen because I was testing Apple's iMovie "GREEN SCREEN MENU SELECTION".....



    and the "bad titling" was a test.. "test" means to the general public that you are putting something through it's paces to see if there is any issue you need to address, the simple text that I tilted,.. pulled and stretched was a simple way to get the most motion and distortion that the 3D application could render very fast but had a high chance of getting reflections off the green background I selected for it to use on final render.

    So it's not to be the "best" effect but to see and show if there was going to be any halo or fringing that happens often with these kinds of technology....

    let me guess, you are some kind of engineer of an English major type of person?

    oh and Green screen IS a type of Alpha Compositing same thing .. you statement is like correcting some one when they call it a bike when it's really a Bicycle...


    The whole point of this thread was to show people that if they use iMovie that they aren't stuck with the few stock effects and test style that come with iMovie but that they could use any image/video software and create their own...
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody edit using iMovie?
    By newnan3 in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-01-2011, 07:19 AM
  2. iMovie advice
    By muddywings in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 10:28 AM
  3. Imovie export settings
    By J273 in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 02:25 PM
  4. Trouble getting video as HD with iMovie
    By Okie Dokie in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 06:47 PM
  5. The iMovie Thread
    By tscheezy in forum Videos and POV Cameras
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 07:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •